How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why in the world would you do that?

As much trouble as mine has been and as many strange things as it still does, that may make my vehicle self destruct or something.

Interesting... what would be the magic key combo on a non-sony system?

Thats very cool....

I noticed on the GPS Diagnostics it gives you how many satellites currently found by your system. Im going to go back in if I loose the GPS again.

Also gives you all the software version numbers, the mapping software version number is the one I wanted to research to see how old it is.

The radio signal strength is good but all it gives is a number with no unit of measure, Im guessing its db's

I noticed in the feature list it has Heated Steering Wheel: Unavailable

Must be for the Lincoln MKX or MKZ with My Lincoln Touch

Can someone post a picture for us folks still waiting on our new Ex?
Thanks.

Yes, pics would be nice, is this hard boot like you do for the iPhone??

Yes, pics would be nice, is this hard boot like you do for the iPhone??

No, it's "enter mode" the system is not rebooting. Now, if you're referring to holding down both buttons, then yes.

Just get me to the command line, or explorer, then I'll have some fun.

Then we wouldn't be wondering if there is a better upgrade coming.:D

Then we wouldn't be wondering if there is a better upgrade coming.:D

I've been thinking the same thing. It would be nice it they'd open it up. WE'd fix MFT as well as the lighting issue! Hmm -maybe someone will find a way to dump the ROM and get creative with it? :)

I've been thinking the same thing. It would be nice it they'd open it up. WE'd fix MFT as well as the lighting issue! Hmm -maybe someone will find a way to dump the ROM and get creative with it? :)

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt people will put the effort into trying because it is such a small market, even if you include all of Ford's models with MFT. It would be really cool for someone to reprogram the thing and then post a video of it working better so Ford knows how buggy their system is.

I'm also curious to know if people on the technology team are getting heat for these problems and what's going to be done about them?

Thats very cool....

I noticed on the GPS Diagnostics it gives you how many satellites currently found by your system. Im going to go back in if I loose the GPS again.

How many satellites does it use? I'm betting not enough. That's why we are experiencing problems. My Magellan uses up to 11. Most time it's receiving 9.

Unfortunately, you'll find neither. It runs on Flash Lite. I betcha all you'll find is five or six SWF files, a tiny bit of code to make those run, and that's it. You'd need the FLA files and even with those, it's Flash! It's always gonna run like crap.

By the way, I noticed MFT runs Flash Lite 3.1 which is one generation behind the current version (Flash Lite 4).

Thats very cool....

How many satellites does it use? I'm betting not enough. That's why we are experiencing problems. My Magellan uses up to 11. Most time it's receiving 9.

I wanted to know the same thing so I set MFT diagnostics mode then drove around watching how many were found.......so far the most it found was eight but I will keep testing

So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun :D

Since your friend sounds like he's a tech for Ford ;) Any way your friend can get you a copy of the full ROM for 2.11? (the install image that gets downloaded to the USB stick from the Ford laptop when they are doing the update)

Well, I think I just figured out why my GPS won't work. My car will only see 4 satellites with no obstructions above it. No way it will maintain a signal with trees around. My phone in the same exact spot can see 11 satellites.

Thats very cool....

Also gives you all the software version numbers, the mapping software version number is the one I wanted to research to see how old it is.

The radio signal strength is good but all it gives is a number with no unit of measure, Im guessing its db's

I noticed in the feature list it has Heated Steering Wheel: Unavailable

Must be for the Lincoln MKX or MKZ with My Lincoln Touch

Very useful screen. To bad they made it so hard to get to.

Had a problem with my touch screen calibration I.E. had to hit to the left and up of command to execute a command. Had a hard time convincing the tech there had to be a calibration mode. After reloading the software and hours of wasted time and no fix, he talk to Ford and they told him about the mode to fix the problem. Now my screen is calibrated and if it goes wacky I know how to fix it. NOTE: Every time a new software version is loaded the screen will have to be re-calibrated.

I wanted to know the same thing so I set MFT diagnostics mode then drove around watching how many were found.......so far the most it found was eight but I will keep testing

Sgt1411; Thanks. I'm surprised. I was expecting maybe 3 or 4 the way it loses signal. I'll have to check mine.

any instructions for the non sony radios?

Sgt1411; Thanks. I'm surprised. I was expecting maybe 3 or 4 the way it loses signal. I'll have to check mine.

Just checked my NAV sitting in driveway. Using 4/5 satellites. Will have to drive around and check.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, after driving around for a while, most sat's I've seen is 7. Under trees it drops to 3 or less, which is why it loses signal.

Back