How to remove bumper reflectors/lights on 03 mounty | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove bumper reflectors/lights on 03 mounty

JawzSS

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
I have to change a bulb in the reflector lights located on the sides of the front and rear bumper on my 03 mountaineer... Not sure if the explorers have this but was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks

Found this on the web:

Lights Replacing side repeater bulbs 1. Turn the headlamp switch to off. 2. Carefully pry the lamp assembly away from the fender. 3. Rotate the bulb socket...out. Reverse steps to reinstall bulb(s). Replacing front/rear side marker bulbs 1. Turn the headlamp switch to off. 2. Reach under the bumper and rotate the bulb socket counterclockwise to remove it. 3. Pull the bulb straight out. Reverse steps to reinstall bulb(s).

When I tried to pry the lenses off I cracked the corner of it. Is there any special technique?

I think you need to reach under for the bumper ones.

Replacing front/rear side marker bulbs. Turn the headlamp switch to off. 2. Reach under the bumper and rotate the bulb socket counterclockwise to remove it. 3. Pull the bulb straight out. Reverse steps to reinstall bulb(s).

Back