how to seperate condensor from the radiator? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to seperate condensor from the radiator?

chaseracer22

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
My 98 explorer xlt has a crack radiator :mad:. I've been working on it for about three days and i can't get the dang thing to unclip from the compressor. I have got all of the hoses disconnected and everything ready to come out. But this dang condensor is getting in the way so if anyone knows how to unclip it please help... pictures would be greatly appreciated.

not compressor i mean condensor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are three screws i believe at the top of the radiator. not sure if you got those but otherwise i took mine out pretty easily the other day. I have a SOHC .

yeah i already got those. it the dang condensor

i am just trying to lift it straight up. but something wont let me pull her out. there is four clips connecting the condensor and radiator. and then there is one in the middle on the right. i think that is the only one connected still. i dont know how to take it apart. i think that is it

i am just trying to lift it straight up. but something wont let me pull her out. there is four clips connecting the condensor and radiator. and then there is one in the middle on the right. i think that is the only one connected still. i dont know how to take it apart. i think that is it

Clips? Did you take off the trans cooler lines?

This is a very simple procedure. Fan Shroud (2 screws), Radiator (2 screws), Upper /lower hose, Upper/lower cooler, Lift up and out. The radiator has flanges that sit in a cradle.

yeah but the condensor is attached to the radaitor

Hmm... mine wasnt connected to the condenser. It just lifted up and out. Good luck

Hmm... mine wasnt connected to the condenser. It just lifted up and out. Good luck

Seconded. The service manual doesn't show any clips either. Maybe someone put in some after market condenser/radiator?

i doubt it. the manuel i have tells me there is clips but not were or how to remove them

odd.
I am quite sure mine was not connected either.

Back