How to wire windshield washer lights to a switch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to wire windshield washer lights to a switch?

they are only little dinky lights but you should always run a relay... it is the "fusible" link most of the time... For fogs i would definately use a relay...those draw way more power than the led washer lights

How did you replace your stock washer nozzles with led lights if the nozzles are located in the coil? From what I heard the lights are not universal with our explorers.

The lights are not universal with the Explorers.

When I wired sets of them for friends of mine, I just wired them straight to a switch. I ran a fused power wire straight from the battery to the switch. Then I ran the positive wires from the LEDs to the switch, and grounded the negative wires.

The LED's only draw about 0.1 amps, so a relay is probably not necessary. But be sure to fuse the power line to the battery. A 2.5 amp fuse will do fine. If any of the power wires ever chafe and short, 2.5 amp fuses blow really easily.

This is for a different car, not my X. I know they won't work for Explorers. Thanks for your help guys.

Back