Huh? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Huh?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you can pump grease into the bearing once you get new ones to extend the life so long as you use a quality grease. If you remove the abs sensor you can pump grease in there. I had an adapter made with a two o rings that temporarily replaces the abs wire. It has a zerk on one side. There is a grease and dust shield/seal depending on brand of bearing but all are unitized and not "servicable." If you carefully pump grease in with wheel off while spinning hub, you can watch old grease purge. Just pay attention to bearing drag and don't pump grease too fast or seal could become damaged. Make sure to clean the hub on both sides before use.

Brand wise, I use SKF and if I can find NOS Ford (Timken in Ford box, 2L24 engineers number). Timken next (make sure made in US), and all other last. New Ford bearing for Explorer 02-05 made in China.

Complete at your own risk!

What brand do you recommend? Finally got the extra money to replace mine.

When money is not a concern go with SKF or Motorcraft. When money is limited get the WJB HD.

Back