humming from air intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

humming from air intake

Ok................................................................:mad: ...................WHERE THE HECK IS THE IACV??!! I can not find it....I want to replace/repair/clean it myself, but I have to know where the thing is to start with..... Pics would be cool....Thanks guys.....Hopefully this will fix my problem...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The IAC is the valve on the side of your intake with a little black button looking thing sticking out and an electrical connection with like 2 wires on it. It's on the drivers side of the vehicle right behind the throttle body.

Originally posted by SeanM
Ok................................................................:mad: ...................WHERE THE HECK IS THE IACV??!! I can not find it....I want to replace/repair/clean it myself, but I have to know where the thing is to start with..... Pics would be cool....Thanks guys.....Hopefully this will fix my problem...

Go to this thread: Dead Link Removed

There are pictures of the IAC valve. :)

-RB

Guys, this problem used to be off and on, but lately it had become a normal occurrence. What I am wondering is who here has changed it and how difficult? I want to do it myself but I don't want to get into anything way over my ability (I'm decent with working on the Explorer). Thanks!

Originally posted by AdamCKach
Guys, this problem used to be off and on, but lately it had become a normal occurrence. What I am wondering is who here has changed it and how difficult? I want to do it myself but I don't want to get into anything way over my ability (I'm decent with working on the Explorer). Thanks!

Easier than you can imagine. 2 bolts and a connector, as easy as it gets.

Awesome. Just waiting for Torrie to get back to me :)

That's funny because I have an k&N fipk intake on my 95 xlt 4.0 that replaces the whole airbox it hums and it's very loud too.

I must say that I have had a problem with my motor for some time and it has been getting worse with everyday that goes by (esp when it's hot out). At first I thought it was the water pump, so I replaced that. Wrong answer. I was on my way to the Ford dealer for the $98 hook up to find out what was wrong, when I came across this forum. I changed out that little.....valve and it worked!!! I just wanted to tell all you guys out there with all the know-how---THANKS!! You saved me a ton of money and alot of stress. Believe it or not, I was ready to fix my truck with a sledge hammer (well, maybe not fix) Thanks to all.

Maybe is too late, and I really don't read all the post of this thread, but I DON'T THINK you should replace your IAC, just take out the black thing on it, where the filter is, an the problem should be gone... mine is at the kleenex box, only goes on when I go off roading, just to be sure no dust will get in by that hole... or just clean the filter when the noise come!!

Back