• Register Today It's free!

Hunter Brush Guard write up

xman98

Reaction score
City, State
home-Norwalk, CT school-Springfield, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I bought my Hunter Euro Style Brush Guard from popularlink.com- it’s a store based off eBay that sells out of there shop in Texas. The transaction was smooth and I had no problems with them. I would buy from there store again if anyone is wondering about buying something from them. It cost me $279.00 to my door. My brush guard has rubber strips on the outside main frame for protection.

Parts:
• One-Front Bar
• Two- ½ X 4 Hex Bolts
• Eighteen- ½ Washers
• One- Mounting Bracket (Driver)
• Six- ½ X 1-1/2 Hex Bolts
• One- Mounting Bracket (Passenger)
• Eight- ½ Nylock Nuts
• 2 Wings

Note: The mounting brackets, bolt to the outside of the frame using existing holes in the frame.

Instructions:
1.Remove the bottom outside bumper mounting nut and bolt the mounting bracket tabs through the exposed thread. Attach the tab with the existing nut and washer.(red)
2.The other mounting holes through the frame should then be exposed. It should line up with the other hole in the bracket. Use the ½ X 4 Bolts on this hole.(blue)
2051754_29_full.jpg

3.The mounting bracket should then be touching the lower plastic spoiler and these brackets will now becomes your marker for cutting a slot in the spoiler. It’s not necessary to remove the spoiler to make the cut.
2051754_18_full.jpg

4.The front bar mounts to the inside of the brackets so that the outer edge of the slots should be the inside edges of the mounting brackets.
2051754_15_full.jpg

5.Check the alignment of the bar before proceeding.
6.Insert the front bar legs between the bumper and grille and attach to the mounting brackets with the ½ X 1-1/2 Bolts. Leave them loose.
2051754_17_full.jpg

7.Once the main frame of the brush guard is aligned and all bolts are in place, now tighten up all bolts and then you’re ready to bolt on the wings.
8.Bolt the wings by bolting 3 screws into place on each side.
2051754_43_full.jpg

2051754_30_full.jpg

Now take a step back and see how it looks.
2051754_40_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice write up. It'd be nice if you were Elite and could put a review in the Review Section. :thumbsup:

-Drew

how sturdy is it? i have heard that those three piece units can be a bit shakey (sp).

Mine has been real sturdy. I have cliped a tree and I havn't had any problems. A far as 3 piece units, it really can't be considered as 1 because the main frame is all 1 piece out of the box and then you just bolt on the wings. Both of the wings are fine. I'v reached fast speeds without a problem and when you bang on them or try to push them in they don't budge. I think it was toatlly worth the money!

Awesome write-up, this is the guard I am considering of buying as soon as I get some free cash.

jimcom said:
Awesome write-up, this is the guard I am considering of buying as soon as I get some free cash.
thanks, let me know how you make out.

I have this brush guard on my 98 and i think it is perfect. BTW i don't know if you can or not but i got mine for $239 shipped because i had seen the same brush guard for a sport trac on ebay for that price so i asked if i could get that price and they said i had to call. So i called and he told me $279 and then i said i talk to a guy there thru email and he said i could have it for $239 and he said ok :)

P.S. if any one has any pics of this brush guard on the new (2002 and up) could you please post it

Back