Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners

FWIW, I have a set of Husky's in my '97 EX, light gray. With over 220K miles they still look pretty darn good, no wear at the acclerator, no discoloration.. I especially like they extended lip on them that keeps any melted snow, sand, mud from slipping off the edge onto carpeting. Once my EX is delivered, if it ever gets delivered :rolleyes:, I'll be using that brand again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do the Husky's feel? Are they substantial? In the pics I've seen, they just look more flimsy and flexible than the WT's. The WT's are 100% industrial, but in a good way. I just don't want them to look or act cheap in the new X.

How do the Husky's feel? Are they substantial? In the pics I've seen, they just look more flimsy and flexible than the WT's. The WT's are 100% industrial, but in a good way. I just don't want them to look or act cheap in the new X.

They are a plastic, not like rubber, farily stiff. Not sure if the newer ones are made of the same material, these are 13 years old. In any case, they provide the protection I want. The carpeting under the Husky's on the '97 is like brand new.

But I don't see the Husky in Light Stone, maybe they think its grey :D

They are a plastic, not like rubber, farily stiff. Not sure if the newer ones are made of the same material, these are 13 years old. In any case, they provide the protection I want. The carpeting under the Husky's on the '97 is like brand new.

But I don't see the Husky in Light Stone, maybe they think its grey :D

Thanks for this! I am about to go put these "Tan" Huskies in my 2011 Edge right now.

Yeah at first was kinda disappointed they are plastic but feel better after reading this post.

Well, the Weather Techs are not rubber. They feel more like vinyl maybe, or plastic with some small percent of rubber. When someone says rubber, I think if something very flexible that can be bent and twisted. The WT's are not that. They are thick though, You would not be able to fold and crease them without doing so and leaving something sitting on it. How do the husky's compare in that regard. If you bent them in half, could you hold them that way for a minute or two and would they stay bent? I'm still leading towards the WT's at this point, and just giving up the full protection on the carpet, which is better than carpet mats or the all weather ford mats.

You would not be able to fold and crease them without doing so and leaving something sitting on it. How do the husky's compare in that regard. If you bent them in half, could you hold them that way for a minute or two and would they stay bent?

I have no idea, I've never had the need to do that. All I know is that over the past 13 years they have held up to 2 Golden Retrievers, 4 Brittanies, several cords of firewood and a lot of wet stuff from canoeing, hunting and fishing. Your use may vary. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd make a 2 piece version for the back. One piece for the 3rd seat well, and a piece to go on the 3rd row seats when they are just folded down. I would love the abitlity to put stuff I don't want sliding around or tipping over in the well, but still be able to set something on the back of the seats without having to worry about scuffing the carpet to you know where......

HEADS UP UPDATE:

The Huskies 2nd row mat will not fit Ex with the 2nd row bucket and console configuration, you will need to trim the back. Spoke with Husky and advised them of the problem and they will adjust their mold but may take them awhile as they have not seen that configuration yet to measure.

HEADS UP UPDATE:

The Huskies 2nd row mat will not fit Ex with the 2nd row bucket and console configuration, you will need to trim the back. Spoke with Husky and advised them of the problem and they will adjust their mold but may take them awhile as they have not seen that configuration yet to measure.
I just checked the Husky website and now there is a pop up that asks if the vehicle has a second row console. They sure didn't waste any time setting that up!:thumbsup:

They did say they were going to update their site, talk about speedy guess they want to capture the business from Weather Tec.

I just got my black Husky extended (over 3rd row) cargo liner today. It's currently in the Ex with four 30lb sand bags on the corners. Got lucky and had a 60 degree day here in Des Moines, made it easier to unroll. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. I was worried after reading other posts on here that it would be a rigid plastic thing prone to cracking but alas it's really not. The best way to describe it is vinyl/rubber with a pinch of plastic thrown in. It rolls up fairly easily but has that tactile feel of medium-hard rubber. Overall I'm very pleased with the material.

One thing I noticed from Mishtar's pictures was that it comes with the floor tie-down areas covered and gives you the option to cut them out or not. Nothing a utility knife or tin snips couldn't take care of. For now, I'm leaving mine covered for accidental spills. It also has cut-outs for the cargo net retainers.

are the OEM rubber mats any good? what kind of carpet coverage do they have?

I have 'em. They look great. Easy to clean. But, coverage is lacking.

Coverage is definately lacking, but I like the look of them. I'm thinking of getting the Husky's for my winter set, and having the Ford set as my summer set instead of using the carpeted ones.

are the OEM rubber mats any good? what kind of carpet coverage do they have?

I concur with these guys assessment of the OEM mats. Not only is coverage lacking and too much carpet exposed but there is no ability to stop water, snow, or mud from sliding off the mat and onto carpet.

I guess they are great if you live in CA or AZ.

I concur with these guys assessment of the OEM mats. Not only is coverage lacking and too much carpet exposed but there is no ability to stop water, snow, or mud from sliding off the mat and onto carpet.

I guess they are great if you live in CA or AZ.

Thanks, this is great information!

OK, let me start/continue a debate:

which 1st & 2nd row liners are "better" (and why)?

the ones made by husky?:

http://www.huskyliners.com/site//Cu...&d=2&ct=29&answer=202&previous=89#ColorChange

or the ones made my weathertech?:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=224&Year=2011

thanks for your input.

Umm...have you read this thread from the beginning? We discussed that I believe on page 2-3 ;)

I'm still undecided between going with a known quantity (WT - which I believe is better quality but not as good coverage) and an unknown quantity (Husky - which I believe isn't quite up to part with Husky (from reading other reviews on the Web) but with better coverage. I'm sure both will work fine, and will never wear out, so to me it's an aesthetic thing.

Umm...have you read this thread from the beginning? We discussed that I believe on page 2-3 ;)

I'm still undecided between going with a known quantity (WT - which I believe is better quality but not as good coverage) and an unknown quantity (Husky - which I believe isn't quite up to part with Husky (from reading other reviews on the Web) but with better coverage. I'm sure both will work fine, and will never wear out, so to me it's an aesthetic thing.

I agree with that summary 100%

I too am undecided.

Probably need to see them in person to make up my mind

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also when you go to the WeatherTech website and click on 2011 Ford Explorer.

You get the Explorer Laserfit mat picture and it's actually a GMC Yukon or Chev Tahoe pictured NOT the 11 Explorer. Thats why it shows mats covering the doorsill. You can tell by the seat design, pedals, dash, and the floor design.

I told WT Customer Service to change that picture it's deceiving.

Back