I am going to buy parts to lower my Expo, have last minute questions... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I am going to buy parts to lower my Expo, have last minute questions...

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Well I have a 99 ford explorer sport and it has 95k miles on it. I am going to replace the shocks on it but I thought I would lower it while I was at it.

I was going to lower it about 3 inches (2 inch blocks in the rear and take out the torsion bolts in the front which should lower the front 3 inches).

Right now I know I need to buy:

2" Blocks
Lowering shocks
camber adjusters
Adjustment

I just wanted to make sure this was all I need. Also what would be the best shock for the money for a lowered explorer?

anyone?

Afboy143 said:
Well I have a 99 ford explorer sport and it has 95k miles on it. I am going to replace the shocks on it but I thought I would lower it while I was at it.

I was going to lower it about 3 inches (2 inch blocks in the rear and take out the torsion bolts in the front which should lower the front 3 inches).

Right now I know I need to buy:

2" Blocks
Lowering shocks
camber adjusters
Adjustment

I just wanted to make sure this was all I need. Also what would be the best shock for the money for a lowered explorer?

Bilsteins or Edlebrocks are good for lowered explorers. Looks like all you'll need from your list. Have a reputable shop do the alignment. Consider an Explorer Express swaybar to finish it off. You'll have great handling with this setup. Good luck and post pics if you can.

EDIT: They may not make Bilsteins for lowered explorers anymore so check out Edlebrocks or Doetsch

also ubolts and stuff

Back