T-Bars and Lowered Shocks

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i have been looking at lowered shocks for my truck.... my truck has a 2-3" torsion bar drop in the front and a 3" block in the rear (sua)

the back shocks arent a problem in replacing.... in a search for front shocks, i came across some called toxic... from the application guide, it states they will fit the front of my truck if the method of lowering was 2-3" drop spindles... the question is, i don't have drop spindles, i have a torsion twist..... will these shocks still work? or should i pull what it has now and go compare other shocks to it? if the later, would i need a shorter or longer shock? also if the later, shorter or longer by how many inches? i have a 2-3" drop via torsion bars now.....

this isnt for an explorer.. but my yota has the same suspension up front and in rear too as a second gen....

Well if you have 2-3 inches of drop, the Toxic shocks will work fine. The method of lowering doesn't have any relation to the shocks.

Also look into Belltech and Doetsch-Tech. I'm positive they make drop shocks for your truck as well. I've heard the Toxics were a little stiff, but I've heard good things about Belltech.

thanks hartman... you were actually the person i wanted to ask this to in the chat the other night, but i guess you werent around your computer.......

hmmm..... belltech... i know they do a lot in the lowering world.... may look into them as well..... the toxic onew were available through www.jcwhitney.com so i was figuring i would save some $

StylinConcepts.com has Belltech Nitro-active shocks for $49.99 each for the fronts. Says they are for a 2 inch drop, but they'll work for 2-3 inch drop.

Back