i call it "littlefoot" sas in progress | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i call it "littlefoot" sas in progress

i call it "littlefoot" sas (update new pics just in 3-6)

I wanted to wait till i got some pics up before stating a tread because i know the tread means nothing without pics. this is the begining of my sas and i will list the items i am using in case you are interested in knowing and apriciate any feedback you might have.
thanks

front
spring over axle with a dana 44 from 84 wagoneer W/flat top knuckles for hysteering
wagoneer steering box
superlift 4inch superlift springs
rancho 5000 shocks all around
superlift dual steering stabalizers

back
regular spring over axle
and 5.13 gears

tires
15x10 rockcrawler wheels
38 15.50 15 d.c fun country tires (cause i got a great deal on them)

check out the new pics on page 2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/532746

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see no pics of a SAS.:p

Until then, this belongs in the "Projects" forum.

edit: I see you are 2wd. Are you swapping in a tranny and tcase for a 4wd conversion?

:eek: HOLY MOLLY THAT IS FRIGGIN HUGE....

Keep up the Good work, thats jsut Awsome looking, So how long till it gets a t-case? gunan offroad it with jsut 2wd?

PEACE

hopefully by summer i will have my t-case on
thats for the complement

its still on jack stands right now
the leaves will be welded on monday
so the height will go down
estimated hieght is about 15 inches of lift from stock
it will problaby as high as cheif's

lift kits

where can i get a lift for a 95 xlt 2wd. please help

:eek: That truck is huge!!:eek:

Looks awesome man!

Re: lift kits

Originally posted by pb46
where can i get a lift for a 95 xlt 2wd. please help

Please use the search feature on the top of the page.

Wow, that is gonna be huge!! I liked the pic with the 38s on the "stock" explorer.

Very nice job. Check out the pics in my signature. Its nice having a toy that is just huge.

thanks for all your compliments. dont have any updated pics to post but i hope to FINALLY get my ex back next weekend. its been a long wait but i know i will be very happy with the outcome.

p.s. those are some nice rides you got there Trckmagik. sad to hear that you might be selling your sas. hope everything works out.

I am not in any hurry to sell it. I dont even need to sell it. Just thought if someone wants it, I could always use the extra cash (trailer is needed now)

i was wondering if anyone has had any problems putting the rear drive shaft back after installing the gears. anyone got any ideas

changing gears shouldnt make it hard to install a drive shaft. The lift however may make it too short. what is the problem you are having with it

Think it looks awesome, yeah it is tall, what do you expect keeping fenders with 38s. Just becareful with that beast and congrads

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back