I dont want a whoops | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I dont want a whoops

Hello there

I have 2002 ford exp, I had never used a block heater before so not sure how to use it, I see there is a plug on the front fender but not sure if it is for a block heater or for something else. I currently live in SW Ont and looking to move to Edmonton. Any one here have any experince with block heater and tell me how to use it and if that plug is for block heater how can it tell me it is working. Just that I dont want any whoops.

Thanks

the block heater plug should be in the front hanging just by the headlight,
if it is , just trace the wires back to see where they go, if they go under the passenger side of the motor i am pretty sure that is the one you seek,
to tell if it is working you just have to listen, as when a block heater starts to work you will hear a kind of fizzing sound from the front,,
if you are unsure just drop by a small garage in your neighbourhood and ask somebody too help,, most small shops will send somebody out, to look,,

When I was in Minot, ND, if the temp was expected to get below 0 F, we just plugged in the block heater that night. The next morning, unplug the block heater and start the vehicle. Easy, peesey, as the Brits say.

Back