i found where a cowl induction hood for 95-01 explorers!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i found where a cowl induction hood for 95-01 explorers!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL welcome to the forum

lol ur beginning of ur intro sounded like emerill legassi saying wam and bam

Um, thanks for that and welcome to the site. As an aside, EE actually carries only a small fraction what they advertise. I'm pretty sure those hoods have been there for years, but try and actually order one. Unlikely they're even available like their grilles and airdams. :rolleyes:

thats why I LOL'd welcome to 1998!

welcome trey

If you want a custom Hood for the 2nd gen...I'd do something along the lines of the hood that Troll/Xbox did on their Explorer.

Ryan

If they actually had the hood it's not a bolt on & go. There is not a 'glass hood made that does not require sanding to fit, fixing imperfections/cracks and anything else that might be required.

One of those hoods was on a member here, who had been trying to sell it. He likely was asking near the new cost, probably because it isn't really available now. Search the site for the for sale thread, he may still have it. It's this first one below. The second is a hood like Troll had, the last is a Cobra F1 hood for an F150.

Attachments

• cowl_1l.jpg
    cowl_1l.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,851
  • explorer-hood.jpg
    explorer-hood.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 769
  • f150_cobra1hood.jpg
    f150_cobra1hood.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4,994

Back