I have a 96 Ford Explorer with F150 brakes, and have an issue. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a 96 Ford Explorer with F150 brakes, and have an issue.

motoman90818

Reaction score
City, State
lakeside,california
ok so heres the story. lol we have a 96, 4 wheel drive explorer, front wheel drive is dead, so we took it out. went to the junk yard. we went and got f150 i beams. welded some brackets blah blah blah got it all in and aligned up and put together. now we have f150 rotors and brakes. but the brake hoses arnt long enough and the connectors aint the same. so what to do? lol do i have to get a f150 master cylinder? and will it work with the rear brakes? or would i have to change the rear end too? ahh so many ideas. or is there some type of connectors out there that converts it.. any info would be great thanks :]

go to a good brake shop and have some custom lines made to fit the F150 rotors on one side and the explorer connection on the other

thanks for the help thats what i planned on doing but we got it :] the explorer brake line fits on the f150 brakes, works great :] thanks now just having a alignment problem gunna take it to get aligned tomorrow hopefully fixes the bad tire wabbles :]

Back