I have a question about my interior? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a question about my interior?

mental_help

Reaction score
City, State
Hazlehurst,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
My interior now is really raggedy and beat up and instead of paying a lot of money for new carpeting then I was wondering if it would be a good idea just to pull it all up and paint over the metal with that truck bed lining paint I was wondering if there would be any draw backs:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you want me to search?

i was just wondering if eny body have eny pics or some thing

ANY

im probably going to use bed liner in some spots, most of the floor is getting diamond plate.

ANY

im probably going to use bed liner in some spots, most of the floor is getting diamond plate.

do you think it will insulate the floor at all

My interior now is really raggedy and beat up and instead of paying a lot of money for new carpeting then I was wondering if it would be a good idea just to pull it all up and paint over the metal with that truck bed lining paint I was wondering if there would be any draw backs:D

Insulation would be an issue. I yanked the carpet and painted the floor in my old 73 cj5. It was cold during the winter and noisy. You also might need to relocate some wires (at least in my x I would have to). I have never bought the roll on bedliner stuff but from what I understand it costs like $80.00 for a gallon. If you shopped around a bit, I bet you could find a decent carpet for that price at a bone yard. I believe a new carpet only runs around $215.00 (dont hold me to that) Either way good luck
JIGA

i found some for $30

www.summitracing.com But yeah I just dint want to waste my time.So I wanted to know if anybody did what I was trying to do

ANY

What are your plans? Diamond plate all the flat surfaces and rhino the tunnel and round surfaces? Would'nt the diamond plate be slippery as hell when it gets wet? I dont know I am just curious. It will look bad ass for sure.
Post some pics when its done.
Oh and the x-terrains I bought off you are holding up well. I did however blow out the plug in the sidewall wheeling the other day but I had a plug kit with me, Replugged it to get it home, Then I ended up taking off the tire and patching it from the inside. So its good to go now.
Thanks again
JIGA

I work in a shop and we do alot of work with diamond plate so we always have pieces laying around, when I chop the rear and add in the toolboxes/ can rack/ cage/ tire carrier the cargo area will be all plate with grip tape in areas where one may stand. And I was planning onremoving the carpet and seats and smoothing out some of the ridges with sheetmetal and enclosing any important electricals and throwing bedliner over that. Im not sure if im keeping the rear seat as is, adding captains chairs from a pimp conversion van or getting rid of them altogether.

I work in a shop and we do alot of work with diamond plate so we always have pieces laying around, when I chop the rear and add in the toolboxes/ can rack/ cage/ tire carrier the cargo area will be all plate with grip tape in areas where one may stand. And I was planning onremoving the carpet and seats and smoothing out some of the ridges with sheetmetal and enclosing any important electricals and throwing bedliner over that. Im not sure if im keeping the rear seat as is, adding captains chairs from a pimp conversion van or getting rid of them altogether.

I didnt know you were chopping her. Sounds sweet! looking forward to the result pics.
Good luck
JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back