I need help installing my new radio. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help installing my new radio.

keeter57

Reaction score
City, State
kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 ford explorer
okay i am putting a new radio in my 94 explorer and i cant hook up the speakers. i have power to the radio and i bought adapters for it but the one for the speakers doesn't fit so i thought i would just wire them direct with out the adapter but it wont work. i was wondering if there was a box i could by pass to just hook the speakers directly to the radio and if there is where could i find it on the truck? thanks Keaton

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It probably has the Premium system in it. There should be an amp that you need to bypass behind the passenger side cargo panel.

Yea you can get the amp bypass cable on ebay for about $10 or so, kind of a pain doing it tho, getting to the amp... Your other option would be to wire the stock amp up, there's an amp turn on wire which you connect to the power antenna wire on the deck, and an amp ground wire (on the speaker plug you cut), that you ground with your main ground connection - that would get it going.

Just run speaker wire to your speakers & forget the factory crap

Back