I need help!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jokerwild619

Reaction score
City, State
jupiter florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 ford explorer xlt
I have a stock 1992 explorer xlt I recently got rearended and 2 days later I lost reverse drive and 1st through 3rd but I still have overdrive when I put it into reverse and idle it up it moves backwards slugishly the insurance company won't do anything because there wasn't enough proof to say that it was from the accident i've had 3 other explorers and none of them have had this problem i don't know what I should do pay $2300 for a new tranny or try and rebuild it it's just strange I've never had a tranny do this before if u have and Idea what's wrong message me.

Sounds to me like you could have a fight on your hands since, of course, insurance companies don't want to pay for anything that they don't have to. I'd say that it is highly suspicious that all was well before you got rear-ended. Did you get a police report? Did you take pictures? Did you get witnesses? Did you take the vehicle to a shop? What did they say? I never talk specifics with an insurance company right away. If they call, "Yes, I was hit, and there is damage, which I'm assessing. Also, I'm going to my doctor tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out." Could you have been too quick to judge damage, and therefore, they don't believe that "the problem just started"? Next, how many miles do you have? Did you check to see if you have any trans. fluid? It is possible it leaked out and you are low. Last, did you contact your insurance company since they work for you? Explain that you were rear-ended by so-and-so and his/her insurance company is giving the run-around. They will often times try to help, but it may take a couple days or a couple calls to your agent to get the ball rolling.

Back