I want to Paint my plastic bumpers and trim | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to Paint my plastic bumpers and trim

Anyone done this? Id like to paint it to match my factory paint...I think all the plastic just looks dumb sometimes.

Does anyone know of any write ups on this, or any links I should look at to get an idea of the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance...

Pics...

SDC12165.jpg

SDC12170.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes I still have them.
They are actually modified Ford OEM lights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how did u get the amber out .... i have a dodge stratus that i just took the head light out and stuck a screwdriver in the turn singnal socket broke the amber singnal loose them took some needle nose and crushed it small enough to fit out the hole and ta-da clear corners but u cant do that with the ex because it "made into" the light the only way i see of doin it is to do the old oven trick ..... how did u do urs??

cut a small slit on the bottom corner and slid the lenz out with needel nose pliers. Sealed the slit shut with some goo.
there is a write up around here some where, that is where I got the idea.

Looks good.

how did you make yours look glossy? I want to do something similar but with a white explorer

Back