I want to see superlift broken brackets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want to see superlift broken brackets

blueox

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Near Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4x4
I am getting ready to install a 6" superlift on my 94 and I am curious about any weak spots on the superlift brackets I can weld and add gusset's to etc. before installing the lift.

Any info would be greatly appreciated....any pictures would be awesome.

Any pictures of the broken brackets brought back to bulletproof (say that 5 times:D ) would be a huge huge help.

Thanks for any input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine is as strong as an ox... get it.. ah ha ha ha... ok i thought it was funny

Sounds like some members have had a few problems with them cracking.......brackets that is.

I am pretty hard on mine and have had no problems with the bracketry yet.

hvac man
That's comforting......Thanks.

I have seen pics on here a long time ago...it seems they crack right where the join/t is....hard to explain.

here you go.....

www.therangerstation.com

look under broken lift brackets.....

Also call Superlift and make sure the kit you have for your 94 has all the updated brackets, they have redesigned one of the axle pivotslike 3 times and the radius arms a couple times.

I've broken 4 drop brackets.

Heres what I did to fix mine. I always broke mine right where it bends to drop down in the front.

Attachments

• 09-25-~1.jpg
    09-25-~1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 244

Mine broke in the same place, plus a busted Extended radius arm. pics to follow later

Man I can't thank you guys enough time to buy some plate and reinforce those boogers.......I am very curious about where the extended radius arms broke Alaskan J. Maybe I can box in the radius arm?

Thanks 410 last time I was to the rangerstation website that link wasn't there.

Back