I was just about to complain yet again about MFT, and then..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I was just about to complain yet again about MFT, and then.....

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
Yesterday morning as I was backing out of the garage I noticed a message in the bottom left corner of the screen that said something like "Sirius is updating". And no sound out of the radio. :mad:

So, I switched over to FM for a while.

Then I switched back to Sirius and it was back. The station I was listening to went into a commercial, so I thought I'd have some drive time laughs from "Blue Collar Comedy". I hit the voice command button and said the station name, and it gave me an error message. I tried again - same message. :mad::mad: I said something unkind about MFT and continued to work.

When I got to work, it occurred to me that the Sirius message may have been a station lineup change. Sonofagun if Sirius didn't drop the station and replaced it with "Comedy Central".

I looked on the Sirius site and they said nothing about it. The only way I found out was by looking at the lineup. A news search found a reference to a new channel hosted by Foxworthy and "Larry the Cable Guy" but couldn't find any reference to Sirius dropping the current channel.

So, sorry on this one MFT. It wasn't your fault. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awww! I'm sure Samantha forgives you. :) Usually when there's a SiriusXM update, it's a channel lineup change. In case anyone else would like to check their favorite channels, here's a link to their lineup:

https://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup/

Rebecca

Seen that several times, thats totally normal activity, not a problem.

I had the same 'updating' message yesterday morning. It took maybe 20 seconds or so to complete.

Peter

Seen that several times, thats totally normal activity, not a problem.
I guessed it was a lineup change. Remember when we had to load them via USB?

I wouldn't have guessed that Sirius would have dropped Blue Collar Comedy, though the amount of new content was pretty slim. I did see where Sirius was inking a deal with Foxworthy and "Larry the Cable Guy" for a new channel. May have been a move to cut Bill and Ron out of the deal, if they were part owners of the "Blue Collar Comedy" name.

Back