IAC air tube | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IAC air tube

It probably is a resonator. I deleted the extra dead end piece and now at idle in gear I get this really nice "french horn" tone coming from the vehicle. Off of idle it goes away.

I think it runs to a dead end because the tube was designed for multiple vehicles and the Explorer didn't need the extra side. I can imagine it doesn't go to a dead end on other variations of this engine or on other vehicles using it. Good luck with the replacement.
I tackled the intake manifold gaskets today, both upper and lower. Decided against replacing the iac inlet hose and put a bit of JB weld on the crack in the joint. Then I used electrical tape and liberally used it around the large crack on the part that the plastic hose goes into. Put like 8 zipties tight on top of the tape. Figured since it's covered by the upper manifold it won't be visible and it isn't. When I read the most recent comment I didn't want a "french horn" sound at idle lol. My solution seems to have worked well for the time being. My explorer starts like a dream. Only time will tell if it holds up. Thanks for the help

I tackled the intake manifold gaskets today, both upper and lower. Decided against replacing the iac inlet hose and put a bit of JB weld on the crack in the joint. Then I used electrical tape and liberally used it around the large crack on the part that the plastic hose goes into. Put like 8 zipties tight on top of the tape. Figured since it's covered by the upper manifold it won't be visible and it isn't. When I read the most recent comment I didn't want a "french horn" sound at idle lol. My solution seems to have worked well for the time being. My explorer starts like a dream. Only time will tell if it holds up. Thanks for the help
Congratz

@97Exploder97 The sound isn't always there and the ford 302 WP
bypass hose fixed mine without any tape.

Back