• Register Today It's free!

idling issue.

twanhines

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer V6
I have my 1999 ford with the 5.0 as most of you know. Anyhow, I'm having idling issues with it. When I first crank it up I notice that it idles fine then it goes below 1 down to half way and then the truck sounds like its stumbling. And I changed the O-rings on the injectors, and when I was putting the manifold back on, the person helping me torqued the front ear down too hard and it cracked. So I was wanting to know if this could be the cause of the idling problem, he tried to glue it back until i buy another which i do have, but would driving it with that little bit of air coming in hurt my engine? I don't plan on highway driving, and i plan on replacing the manifold either today or tomorrow, this is for just to know basis really. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have my 1999 ford with the 5.0 as most of you know. Anyhow, I'm having idling issues with it. When I first crank it up I notice that it idles fine then it goes below 1 down to half way and then the truck sounds like its stumbling. And I changed the O-rings on the injectors, and when I was putting the manifold back on, the person helping me torqued the front ear down too hard and it cracked. So I was wanting to know if this could be the cause of the idling problem, he tried to glue it back until i buy another which i do have, but would driving it with that little bit of air coming in hurt my engine? I don't plan on highway driving, and i plan on replacing the manifold either today or tomorrow, this is for just to know basis really. Thanks in advance!

Bad!!!
If it is leaking at all you should change it asap. Check engine light on?

yes it is, will it kill my engine? what could happen, i do plan on doing this soon the intake is like in my backseat.

Yes
Un metered air can lead to severe internal damage, most likely a burned piston. The check engine light should never be ignored.

I would not drive your truck until the upper plennum is replaced.

well everything seems fine except when it idles bad, acceleration and all is good. And there's not like an actual hole on the plenum, but when the truck is running, and if i put my finger to where the ear was glued back to, i can hear a hissing noise, don't feel anything, but hear a hissing noise. i think i will heed your warning though about not driving it.

Back