• Register Today It's free!

IFS lift or SAS

RockinExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB
As you can see in my sig i want to lift my x but all the calculations i have done i figured it will cost me about $6k which i'm fine with, but the SAS will cost about $2k, the only thing is i dont have the time or equipment to do the SAS, the ifs lift can be done in stages over a couple weekends and i have the tools needed, the other thing is i only plan on going wheeling probably 10-15 times a year and would still like a decent ride to get me back and forth plus if i can make it nice enough i'd like to show it and drag it after the new motor goes in. what whould be the better idea, be mindful i'm taking 21 credits at school right now, and in the summer i'll be working full time and taking a class or 2, plus if i sell the x i'd like to take all parts off and put on newer x if i dont get the new motor done

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK where to start....A lift for 6k? wow, you are getting hosed. And a SAS for 2K? Not even for the parts!

I've only spent 700 on mine so far and all i have to get is tires, shocks, and a few axle rebuild parts....2k is EASY if you shop around :D

$6k?! dang, you are getting hosed, your truck isnt even wirth that...... go SAS

CodePoet said:
I've only spent 700 on mine so far and all i have to get is tires, shocks, and a few axle rebuild parts....2k is EASY if you shop around :D

S'not done yet... :D

The $6k isn't just for the lift its for everything involved thats listed in my sig ie. Grille Guard with 2 KC Daylighters Driving, Safari Roof Rack with 6 KC Daylighters Long Range,4in Superlift susp lift, Dixon Bros long arm kit, 35x13.50 Dueler M/T on 15x10 rims, Rancho RS9000 shocks in rear with full width 8.8, 4.88 gears, lockers front and rear, might swap in D44 IFS from F150

Well an SAS is a lot of work, Superlift is a lot of work, but a lot less work than an SAS and all the parts are there made for that purpose. The Superlift lkit is definitely worth the money over trailmaster hands down.

Back