• Register Today It's free!

I'm having a problem starting.

wacka86

Reaction score
City, State
massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer
I,m Triing to start my 92 explorer and i'm getting a clicking at the silinoid I replaced that and am still getting the same problem any help or suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My two cents,

Alot of times Ive seen this problem is due to not just a dead battery but one that is low on water.

Try topping off the water charge/jump the battery and let run for a bit.
good luck.

I had 2 Exploreres this month doing the same thing and ended up being the starter on both. 2 starters in one month, ouch!

Before replacing any parts, I would test the battery, then check all the connections (especially grounds). Try a boost, and service the battery, if it needs it. If the battery is low on water, you must use distilled water, don't add more acid. Also, you can't service a maintenance free battery.

Check battery cables for corrision. They can corrode from the inside out. You can also run a jumper directly from the hot side of the battery to the starter to see if it engages. If it does, then the problem is not the starter or the battery.

Back