I'm hot, I'm cold voice command

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Dear Rebecca, I remembered there was a "I'm hot" and "I'm cold" voice command which when I used them, was really convenient and impressed people. Lately that voice command wasn't there. Was it removed? Or was it never there in the first place maybe? I must be thinking things. Anyway, I think you guys should add that in. It would made logical sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, 1995E!

It looks like those two commands were taken out of the system. I will submit your feedback and maybe they'll add them back in the future. :)

Rebecca

Yay! So I wasn't crazy about that feature existing. Haha. I hope it will be in the next update! It was a good way to impress people in the Explorer and a much simpler command to get the A/C running quickly.

Thanks Rebecca for taking feedback! Good to see there are dedicated people like you at Ford.

Yay! So I wasn't crazy about that feature existing. Haha. I hope it will be in the next update! It was a good way to impress people in the Explorer and a much simpler command to get the A/C running quickly.

Thanks Rebecca for taking feedback! Good to see there are dedicated people like you at Ford.

:D Anytime!

Rebecca

The simpler command it to hit max a/c :D

It would be a lot neater if it accepted commands like: "Freeze me!" and "Cook me!" lol..

Maybe those can be put in secretly and only those of us that read this thread will know about it???

It would be a lot neater if it accepted commands like: "Freeze me!" and "Cook me!" lol..

Maybe those can be put in secretly and only those of us that read this thread will know about it???

If you wanna get cooked just come to NYC. You dont have to say anything just stand at your chosen corner (what you do there is your business :D) and the very mild heat outside will slow cook you to any rarity.

Staying on topic - yes it would be cool to have a few hidden commands

Staying on topic - yes it would be cool to have a few hidden commands

Gone are the days of up up down down left right left right b a start or xyzzy :(

~Mark

Like when you go to www.google.com and type "do a barrel roll" and the page does it, they need to have a few fun commands in there. I think "Beam me up" followed by sound effects would be cool. "Warp speed" command with some afterburner sounds maybe. I think for it to repeat your commands back to you with a HAL9000 voice would be neat also, "..... right away Dave"!

Hey, another great idea, why don't they give us a custom option where we can make our own voice commands if we go to settings or something? Like for example, they program in a maximum amount of space usage for those specific voice commands so we don't cause MFT to slow down, then next, make a list or an array of various commands of maximum 10 custom voice commands that the user can create.

Then, say, you type in a voice command such as, "I am hot" (Not allowing any ' or random ! to prevent any problems) and then choose the feature to connect it to such as phone, navigation, climate, or radio, then choose the button(s) it would be linked to in that area, and if it's related to climate, it'll allow you to set the temperature and what not. Wouldn't it be the best shortcut?

Just easy click the button, no need to say climate, usb, or anything, just straight out say a command like, "I am hot" and you'll get to where you want easy! I think that's such a more efficient choice. Especially since owners don't all say the same thing.

Hey, another great idea, why don't they give us a custom option where we can make our own voice commands if we go to settings or something? Like for example, they program in a maximum amount of space usage for those specific voice commands so we don't cause MFT to slow down, then next, make a list or an array of various commands of maximum 10 custom voice commands that the user can create.

Then, say, you type in a voice command such as, "I am hot" (Not allowing any ' or random ! to prevent any problems) and then choose the feature to connect it to such as phone, navigation, climate, or radio, then choose the button(s) it would be linked to in that area, and if it's related to climate, it'll allow you to set the temperature and what not. Wouldn't it be the best shortcut?

Just easy click the button, no need to say climate, usb, or anything, just straight out say a command like, "I am hot" and you'll get to where you want easy! I think that's such a more efficient choice. Especially since owners don't all say the same thing.
You can post that suggestion on the Ford Social site. Actually, I find setting the temperature a fairly easy one.
Climate/Set temp XX degrees. But I understand what you mean.

Peter

You can post that suggestion on the Ford Social site. Actually, I find setting the temperature a fairly easy one.
Climate/Set temp XX degrees. But I understand what you mean.

Peter

You need to go through two steps. I don't get why Ford doesn't automatically process the words said in one go. Why can't you just say climate and add the temperature with one click instead of two clicks of the sync button. I find it annoying. It should have really good short cut commands. You'd be surprised how making it that simpler would result in less complaints for the voice recognition system. I swear, I think Ford needs to hire more thinkers who knows how to work with a majority of people. They can hire the best rocket scientist in the world but it wouldn't mean anything if he makes technology that only other rocket scientists will understand. That's why I think that, "I'm hot" or "I'm cold" feature would be awesome. Just one easy voice command.

Back