• Register Today It's free!

I'm so tired of this!

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I’m so tired of having to wait three minutes before I can use most functions on my new car

I’m so tired of MFT saying my iPhone is not connected when the screen says it is

I’m so tired of having to use my phone to look up addresses because by the time MFT “ramps up” I already got there

I’m so tired of having to calculate my time to destination and where will I be in reference to the time it takes MFT to “ramp up” to see if it’s worth making that important phone call

I’m so tired of not making the important phone call on the way back because I know that by the time MFT gets going I’ll already be back at the office

I’m so tired of pressing the voice button and having to wait one and two minutes for anything to happen

I’m so tired that by the time MFT finally dings I often have to ask myself: what was I trying to do?

I’m so tired of getting in the car and MFT telling me that there’s an SD card fault and disabling navigation only to get in the car the next time and see “new SD card detected”

I’m so tired of leaving the car playing radio and getting back in the car to have MFT start playing iPod

I’m so tired of leaving the car playing iPod and getting back in the car to have MFT start playing radio!

I’m so tired of pressing the voice button “too soon” just to send MFT into a crashing spin

I’m so tired of a map so outdated that it doesn’t know Best Buy has been there for the last five years

I’m so tired of a map so inaccurate it shows every address off by 100 feet

I’m so tired of having to turn off navigation when I enter my vacation home’s community because it annoys that me it has my house on the wrong street!

I’m so tired of looking at the filthy screen designed to show the most miniscule smudges

I’m so tired of having to press the screen three and four times before anything will happen

I’m so tired of the pressure I have to put on the screen for it to accept my “touch”

I’m so tired of seeing “performing scheduled maintenance” when I know very well it is not

I’m so tired of MFT crashing over and over and over and over and over

I’m so tired of being tired that I’m starting to hate this car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are your settings for:

Auto Phonebook Download On or Off

Index Bluetooth Device On or Off

Auto Play On or Off

I’m so tired of seeing “performing scheduled maintenance” when I know very well it is not.

Yep, that's a good one!

Another SYNC/MFT anecdote...left a business meeting last night and wanted to give my wife a call to let her know I was on the way. Waited for MFT to boot and phone to connect and pushed the voice command button...nothing...push again...nothing...ok, push "call history", locate my number, press dial...call appears to be underway, but radio continues playing, no speakerphone. I "end call", try again, same thing happens. Allright, shut phone off, try to connect again, phone connects, try voice button...nothing...try manual dial off phone itself, same as before, appears to be connected, but radio continues to play. Unbeknownst to me, I have actually called my home phone at least 4 times and my wife has answered each time to a dead line. She starts getting concerned that some weirdo keeps calling the house, so she calls me. SYNC/MFT tells me that there is an incoming call from my home, I accept the call...nothing...radio keeps playing...AGGGGGGGRRRRRRHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try disconnecting/reconnecting the phone pairing inside MFT, and dial home again, same thing happens, radio keeps playing. At this point I have traveled the 15 miles to the house, so the problem is solved; no need to make a call. :thumbdwn:

Try holding the phone directly to your ear, most of the time it works for me....

Try holding the phone directly to your ear, most of the time it works for me....

:p:

2006-07-04-you_you_missed_the_point.jpg

hey good for you, finally got a chance to use that funny little picture. Glad i was a part of it. I saw your from german town... How is that assateaqua beach/ ohv park? How many miles long is it, and also iv heard there a fence at the va border... thanks

I’m so tired of having to wait three minutes before I can use most functions on my new car

I’m so tired of MFT saying my iPhone is not connected when the screen says it is

I’m so tired of having to use my phone to look up addresses because by the time MFT “ramps up” I already got there

I’m so tired of having to calculate my time to destination and where will I be in reference to the time it takes MFT to “ramp up” to see if it’s worth making that important phone call

I’m so tired of not making the important phone call on the way back because I know that by the time MFT gets going I’ll already be back at the office

I’m so tired of pressing the voice button and having to wait one and two minutes for anything to happen

I’m so tired that by the time MFT finally dings I often have to ask myself: what was I trying to do?

I’m so tired of getting in the car and MFT telling me that there’s an SD card fault and disabling navigation only to get in the car the next time and see “new SD card detected”

I’m so tired of leaving the car playing radio and getting back in the car to have MFT start playing iPod

I’m so tired of leaving the car playing iPod and getting back in the car to have MFT start playing radio!

I’m so tired of pressing the voice button “too soon” just to send MFT into a crashing spin

I’m so tired of a map so outdated that it doesn’t know Best Buy has been there for the last five years

I’m so tired of a map so inaccurate it shows every address off by 100 feet

I’m so tired of having to turn off navigation when I enter my vacation home’s community because it annoys that me it has my house on the wrong street!

I’m so tired of looking at the filthy screen designed to show the most miniscule smudges

I’m so tired of having to press the screen three and four times before anything will happen

I’m so tired of the pressure I have to put on the screen for it to accept my “touch”

I’m so tired of seeing “performing scheduled maintenance” when I know very well it is not

I’m so tired of MFT crashing over and over and over and over and over

I’m so tired of being tired that I’m starting to hate this car.

I could not agree with you more.

All this issues with the MFT are indicating that buying a car in its first MY is still a gamble. Always was and probably will be.

Considering that many had to pay some kind of premium to be a guinea pig for manufacturers, this is a double-punishment.:thumbdwn:

Then sell it.

If people can get their money back, I'm sure many will do just that.

It is not just the X, Edge and MKX owners are equally frustrated. This cannot be excused as first MY problems. The problems should not be as wide spread as this, as serious as this. Ford Blow this one up. The more I'm reading this forum, the more I'm searching for alternative. Even if Ford can fix most problem by the time I'm ready to buy, just the poor GPS would turn me away.

Maybe they can all sell them?

This cannot be excused as first MY problems. The problems should not be as wide spread as this, as serious as this.

Oh, don't get me wrong - Ford shouldn't be excused by any means - But somehow, I knew EXACTLY what's going to happen in the first MY after the introduction of a totally new system. The new Explorer is a great SUV - just not in its first MY.

My wife and I just rented a new 2012 Focus with the MFT and I had zero problems using it without any instructions or reading the manual. Was it slow?? Nah, maybe about 10-15 seconds to get everything going. It was quite intuitive I thought, but I did go into the vehicle with no expectations of loving it or hating it. I think some people go in hating MFT without even giving it a shot because of some bad reviews. Every car has some features that aren't the most intuitive or great, but at least ford seems to be trying to improve the software...

Oh, don't get me wrong - Ford shouldn't be excused by any means - But somehow, I knew EXACTLY what's going to happen in the first MY after the introduction of a totally new system. The new Explorer is a great SUV - just not in its first MY.
I don't think the problem is about the technology or system here - its about corporate policies, procedures and/or decisions. You can build whatever system you want. But regardless of whether that technology is groundbreaking or a rehash of something that already exists, you have to put it through a rigorous quality assurance process before implementation. Whatever issues arise from this process, you either fix, or accept to run with it and have a plan to deal with the issues if and when they arise after production and deployment (with the knowlege that the corporation will probably have egg on its face if enough of these issues come up in public).

So I think the question to be asked to corporate is, was the MY system given enough and proper quality assurance testing to catch these errors (errors either in design/engineering/assembly/manufacturing)? Or did corporate know about the MY system's issues, accepted the risks for the faulty sytems and gave the go ahead for production?

baxterdown - btw, how do you like the 2011 JGC (in contrast to the 2011 Explorer)?

IZ is spot on...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I think the question to be asked to corporate is, was the MY system given enough and proper quality assurance testing to catch these errors (errors either in design/engineering/assembly/manufacturing)? Or did corporate know about the MY system's issues, accepted the risks for the faulty sytems and gave the go ahead for production?

This certainly is the right question to ask - but that the testing of a new system is in the end "outsourced" to the customer is not happening for the first time. It happens over and over again.

When BMW introduced iDrive on the E65/66 model for the first time, it was basically the same problem - system was launched, system didn't work, customer suffered. It just happens although it shouldn't....

Back