I am ready to start my eddie project...'94 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I am ready to start my eddie project...'94

I can't wait to see it. Let us know how it handles. :)

You should also think about doing a before and after, even though it's all here :/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres a tease pic

i actually some how deleted all my "during lift" pics Sorry really but i did take this one on my phone. i did rear springs first it was cake what took so long was the rivets on the passenger half of the front axle those four little *&^&%#$%^ ^#$%# took three hours. i also broke a shock i guess its a bolt that is welded to the radius arm (i think) and still have to repair so if anyone has a how to on that i would appreciate it. it was fun and a pain all at once. i took it to get a front end alignment today and i need new "cambers" but i did not have the money for them... but they are only a fraction in the neg. so any tips for them would help.. this is going to be a super fun project i have a good image in my head for the finished product..

Attachments

• 100_3263.JPG
    100_3263.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 900

Is that the spare wheel?

Oh man! I'm just as excited as when I started on my truck. Looks like mine too...good work. I found that if you grind off the head of the rivit using a 4 1/2" electric grinder, then using a punch or air hammer knock out the little stubs. Took me about 30 min on the first one then from then on about 10 Min for every other.

i actually some how deleted all my "during lift" pics Sorry really but i did take this one on my phone. i did rear springs first it was cake what took so long was the rivets on the passenger half of the front axle those four little *&^&%#$%^ ^#$%# took three hours. i also broke a shock i guess its a bolt that is welded to the radius arm (i think) and still have to repair so if anyone has a how to on that i would appreciate it. it was fun and a pain all at once. i took it to get a front end alignment today and i need new "cambers" but i did not have the money for them... but they are only a fraction in the neg. so any tips for them would help.. this is going to be a super fun project i have a good image in my head for the finished product..

It's looking pretty nice, I can't wait to work on mine. Working on finding a job atm and getting an 2nd vehicle going so my ex can sit and I won't have to worry about doing a rush job.

I broke off the shock stud on the passenger side RA. I just torched it out and put a bolt in it's place. RA bracket needs replaced now but the shock bolt is still holding up :)

You can also pick up a lower shock mount from the Help section at the parts store. Its basically a bolt in lower shock mount..

The other option is to find a good parts house (not autozone etc) and pick up a lower shock mount for a chevy 3/4 ton. The shaft for the shock is the same size, but the bolt that goes through the RA is bigger, for more strength..

IIRC, the Dorman/Help section mount will fit in the hole left by the old mount once you smack it out. The 3/4 ton chevy mount will require you to drill the hole out more.

~Mark

well i finally had some free time.....

Attachments

• day 4 a.jpg
    day 4 a.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 554
  • day 4 b.jpg
    day 4 b.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 571
  • day 4 c.jpg
    day 4 c.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 581
  • day 4 d.jpg
    day 4 d.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 557

yeah buddy! nice lookin rig now that its in the air. you notice any handling difference? looks ALOT like mine...

this is an older pic, my skirts are gone now as well.
IMG00777.jpg

looks pretty mean. Good colors going on with that truck :thumbsup:

here are some more pics of her after i lifted her

Attachments

• day 5 d.jpg
    day 5 d.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 543
  • day 5 c.jpg
    day 5 c.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 534
  • day 5 b.jpg
    day 5 b.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 815
  • day 5 a.jpg
    day 5 a.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 833

and more....maybe i got carried away but i am excited i am saving for the paint job now then the engines next....i think

Attachments

• day 5 f.jpg
    day 5 f.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 838
  • day 5 e.jpg
    day 5 e.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 877

I'm scared to think what it's going to be painted.

I'm scared to think what it's going to be painted.

same color red but solid no two tone, the trim on bumpers will be black them i am going to put these newer model x decals where the f150 ones are...the undercarriage will be all black with the red color on the dif covers

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 591
  • explorer decal.jpg
    explorer decal.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 574

Thas what I thought , poor exploder, lol

I'll admit , explorer owners bunch together. its funny.

I went to a grocery store here once and parked next to another first gen , when I came outside , another first gen parked next to mine , 3 total , lol.

I think the one vehicle does that THE MOST, are Prius owners.

Hands down the most 'Look, I drive one too' vehicle owners..

I just wish they would realize that they are actually WORSE for the environment than say a Ford Explorer, or F-150

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the one vehicle does that THE MOST, are Prius owners.

Hands down the most 'Look, I drive one too' vehicle owners..

I just wish they would realize that they are actually WORSE for the environment than say a Ford Explorer, or F-150

Ryan

how are they worse for the environment?

Back