• Register Today It's free!

important lift question

beaston1

Reaction score
City, State
Va Beach, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, 4wd, 4door
ok, i have a 94 and i want to put f-150 coil spacers upfront, shackles out back, and a 2" body lift. Do you think i could run 32x11.50's BFG MT's without that much rub??

also, could I do that same setup and go for a 3" body lift, then could i possible run 33x12.50's?? If any of you have this same lift give me some advice on what to do??:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran a 3"bl for about 6 months with 33's with rubbing only on full lock in front and full stuff in rear, neither were too bad. Then I added the shackles and spacers and had less rubbing then I added 15x8's with 3.75 backspacing and had NO rubbing. I ran this combo about a year and wheeled it alot with no problems. Now I put on the 5.5 superlift and the tires are rubbing again at full lock but not too bad. So yes it can be done!!!!

Right now lots of room with spacers , shackles and 31s. I have the 2 inch PA lift waiting to go on . I know rickcar has the combo with 2" body lift and 32s there are pictures here somewhere. Good luck

hey offroader_69_me.......did you run your 33x12.50's on stock rims???....i really wouldnt do do that, i'd was planning on buying 15x8 rims with maybe 3 1/4 backspacing......think this would rub??:mattmoon:

yeah I ran them on the stock rims for a while with minimal rubbing and then on the 15x8s with no rubbing, thats not much backspacing there you might wanna consider 3.5 or 3.75 but they shouldnt rub !

:bounce: hey whats a company that sells cheap rims with 3.75 backspacing?? Does US steel wheels sell them??

beaston1, I have 15x8 with 35s on them and 3.25" backspacing. I don't rub even at full lock both ways. The lower the number for backspacing the farther it sticks out. 3.75 is more likely to rub than 3.25. Stock back spacing on your truck is 4". You should be able to run 33s with the 3" body lift and spacers, with minimal rub like offroader_69_me said. Good luck. :)

Back