Incentives & Rebates | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentives & Rebates

KLGH

Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m new to the forum and I have a few questions regarding the many ford incentives I currently have.

I was wondering if any of you could please advise me on which of these offers can be combined…

Please let me know which (if any) can be combined; I don’t want to look silly at my dealership with all of these coupons, without prior knowledge as to which can actually work together. (I am military and in college)

$1000.00 Private Cash (prior ford vehicle)
$750.00 Private Cash (from explorer brochure)
$500.00 (college purchase program)
$500.00 (military appreciation)

Thank you all!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi KLGH, I'm also new to the forum. I joined because I'm really interested in buying a 2011 Ex Limited :navajo:, just waiting to accrue enough cash for a down payment (while paying off some student loan debt). I spoke with a Ford Sales rep about the very question you are asking.

I will most likely order my Ex in the next few months, and I wanted to ask him about the rebates I qualify for. The rep said I would be able to stack all of the current rebates I qualify for, listed below, if I went in and purchased the vehicle TODAY. (NOTE: Ford reserves the right to change its rebates at any time, just keep in mind that they can cancel a private offer within 24 hours notice and your coupon may no longer be valid.)

Qualifying Incentives the dealer salesman told me I could stack (With the x-plan if I wanted)
1. $1500 Ford Loyalty Owner Cash (Own a '00 Mountaineer)
2. $1000 Bonus Cash - Current Cash Incentive
3. $750.00 Private Cash (from explorer brochure)
4. $500.00 (college purchase program)

I'm not sure how the military discount would factor into all of this, but I'm guessing it should work seeing as how the rep said I was able to stack all other offers above. I read somewhere on this forum (can't remember specific thread) about some dealers being able to key in rebates for a customer to see which ones would stack. If you have a good relationship with your dealer this might be a good idea to try if you are thinking about buying soon!

Hopefully this info helps, good to meet a fellow newbie on the forum!

I was reading the fine print on the $750 coupon I just received yesterday and I thought I recall it saying that it could not be combined with other private cash incentives. Did you read what yours say?

I was reading the fine print on the $750 coupon I just received yesterday and I thought I recall it saying that it could not be combined with other private cash incentives. Did you read what yours say?

I got the broshure last week and no coupon! :mad:

I got the broshure last week and no coupon! :mad:

I read that this could happen and was worried, so I ordered 2 the first day - one in my name and one in my wife's. Then a few days later I ordered another. It was taking a long time so the other day I ordered again.

I had read that some people who didn't get the coupon the first time, re-ordered and got it in a second brochure, but I'm not sure if they had to use different address (I didn't) or names (like I did).

I'm assuming this was the first brochure I ordered and got it so I'm not sure if I'll get the others I ordered or if they filter out duplicate requests. Also, I've had several Ford leases in the past, so I dont' know if that had anything to do with it.

I'd order another if I were you and see what happens.

p.s. I assume you looked on the back cover? That's where it's printed, along with a list of finance specials (not very good ones if you ask me).

I'd order another if I were you and see what happens.

p.s. I assume you looked on the back cover? That's where it's printed, along with a list of finance specials (not very good ones if you ask me).

Pretty sure I looked everywhere but will look again after work....thanks! Good idea on the wife ordering one! ;)

The 1,000 cash and $750 brochure can be combined with military, college and current explorer owner rebate. Those are the only ones you can combine. You cant combine with xplan or any other public rebates.

Taken from the x-plan FAQ section at FordPartners.com...

19. Am I eligible for other incentives?

Yes, for most. Partner Recognition participants are eligible for most public incentives. There are some offers that are not compatible with this offer. Your dealer can best determine which incentives you are eligible for.

Seems like ford is doing a little bit of CYA here, but still says that most public incentives are still eligible to those purchasing with x-plan. Most, if not all, ford public incentives should be fine, but some of the other ones (Costco's rebates, etc.) come to mind on rebates that they might not accept.

The 1,000 cash and $750 brochure can be combined with military, college and current explorer owner rebate. Those are the only ones you can combine. You cant combine with xplan or any other public rebates.
My X Plan certificate says:

This discounted pricing is available on top of most other publically offered programs.

How did you get the $1,000 private cash incentive? I have never had a time in my driving career when I did not own a Ford vehicle. That has been 23 years now. I think I am on my 8th or 9th Ford and did not receive such an offer.

Dismania

Thank you everyone for responding !!! You guys are great (a lot of knowledgeable people here)

So I contacted a dealer today (he said we will see what we can do)
FINGERS CROSSED
2011 explorer here I come!!

How did you get the $1,000 private cash incentive? I have never had a time in my driving career when I did not own a Ford vehicle. That has been 23 years now. I think I am on my 8th or 9th Ford and did not receive such an offer.

Dismania

Dismania,

For more information about the special promotions that may be available to you, contact the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 800-334-4375. They will have the most up to date information on local incentives and any special offers available to you.

Seni

The $750 coupon I received the other day said A/D/Z plan ineligible. Nothing about X plan.

The $750 coupon I received the other day said A/D/Z plan ineligible. Nothing about X plan.

The $750 rebate is eligible on xplan combined with the $1,000 cash rebate. Nothing else can be combined except military, student and previous explorer owner (loyalty) rebates.

Just got off the phone with my dealer to confirm rebate status. I agree with 'smoke above. I will get the $500 early order (before 1-4), $1000 regular rebate, $1500 owner loyalty (for 1995 or newer ford product titled in your name, the new title name has to be the same as the old one for this to work), and the $750 coupon. The good news is you don't have to have the 750 coupon in hand. Your dealer can look up this rebate by your name and zip code to see if you are on the list. If you are not on the list you cannot get the 750 and he didn't know how people even got on the list. (I would certainly try to "get a brochure" from the ford website, I think that is how I got mine). The dealer confirmed all these would apply to me (I'm just a regular retail customer, no special plan). Those on the special plans (like "pick a letter") my not qualify for all these. This is all great news! The 1000 and 1500 expire on 4-4 unless they are extended. My dealer said he would do the paperwork to reflect 4-4 since my car should be in about then.

Pretty sure I looked everywhere but will look again after work....thanks! Good idea on the wife ordering one! ;)

Looked again when I got home, nada! No coupon, just the "special" APR rates which I can do way better at my credit union. For instance they list 5yrs at 4.9% my credit union has a special at 1.99% until 4/31 so no deals here. :thumbdwn:

Just got off the phone with my dealer to confirm rebate status. I agree with 'smoke above. I will get the $500 early order (before 1-4), $1000 regular rebate, $1500 owner loyalty (for 1995 or newer ford product titled in your name, the new title name has to be the same as the old one for this to work), and the $750 coupon. The good news is you don't have to have the 750 coupon in hand. Your dealer can look up this rebate by your name and zip code to see if you are on the list. If you are not on the list you cannot get the 750 and he didn't know how people even got on the list. (I would certainly try to "get a brochure" from the ford website, I think that is how I got mine). The dealer confirmed all these would apply to me (I'm just a regular retail customer, no special plan). Those on the special plans (like "pick a letter") my not qualify for all these. This is all great news! The 1000 and 1500 expire on 4-4 unless they are extended. My dealer said he would do the paperwork to reflect 4-4 since my car should be in about then.

If you request a brochure that comes with a coupon, your name is loaded in the system for 60 days. My X wont be in by the time mine expires so I requested another under my wifes name. Take about 5 days from the date of request to the time ypur name is loaded in the system for the rebate.

If someone gets xplan pricing, you automatically get a $750 xplan rebate (cant be combined with the mailer) so there is no reason to request the brochure in that case.

If you request a brochure that comes with a coupon, your name is loaded in the system for 60 days. My X wont be in by the time mine expires so I requested another under my wifes name. Take about 5 days from the date of request to the time ypur name is loaded in the system for the rebate.

If someone gets xplan pricing, you automatically get a $750 xplan rebate (cant be combined with the mailer) so there is no reason to request the brochure in that case.
I thought in most cases, the x-plan discount was well over $750. Unless the "xplan rebate" rebate you refer to is different than the regular x-plan discount?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

'smoke, you're in the know! Thanks

Back