Incentives & Rebates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentives & Rebates

Dismania,

For more information about the special promotions that may be available to you, contact the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 800-334-4375. They will have the most up to date information on local incentives and any special offers available to you.

Seni

I took this advice and called the number you suggested. Without a doubt it was the WORST customer service experience I have EVER been provided with. In fact it was so bad I am tempted to tell my dealer to keep my vehicle that I have special ordered and have been looking forward to for the past 6 weeks. I guess this weekend I will be out car shopping again. I guess that old addage that it takes years to find a customer and seconds to lose one really is true.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy? I am at a loss as I have been such a long time Ford fan. I hate having to go back to the drawing board.

Dismania

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought in most cases, the x-plan discount was well over $750. Unless the "xplan rebate" rebate you refer to is different than the regular x-plan discount?

It is an additional $750 off xplan.

I took this advice and called the number you suggested. Without a doubt it was the WORST customer service experience I have EVER been provided with. In fact it was so bad I am tempted to tell my dealer to keep my vehicle that I have special ordered and have been looking forward to for the past 6 weeks. I guess this weekend I will be out car shopping again. I guess that old addage that it takes years to find a customer and seconds to lose one really is true.
OK - so I give - why was it the worst customer service you have ever experienced? And why would a phone conversation cause you to shop for a new car? What did the dealer do to cause you to want to cancel the sale with them?

OK - so I give - why was it the worst customer service you have ever experienced? And why would a phone conversation cause you to shop for a new car? What did the dealer do to cause you to want to cancel the sale with them?

It was not the delaer who did anything, it was the representative of Ford.

I have never been so talked down to and treated like an idiot in my life. Blatantly telling me things that I know are not true as well.

For instance, I was told that it is completely at the dealer's discretion to decide what incentives I am eligible for, or whatb they want to give me. I was told they are under no obligation to tell me about any promotions or rebates that I may be entitled to.

When I asked about Ford loyalty, I was told that it was done purely randomly and I just must not "deserve" the discounts.

When asked point blank about a coupon I received with ym brocure, she said it appears as if I am no longer able to use that discount on a new car.

I am just really upset with Ford right now, not the dealer. When I go to look for another car, it will certainly not be a Ford.

I am a customer service person myself. Had I given the service I received today, I would fully expect a pink slip the next day. It was just really that bad. So, condescending and acting like they did not care about anything.

I have cooled off a bit, but it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way and may my business feel very much like it did not matter to Ford at all.

Considering I have spent about $200,000 with Ford since I started driving, this seemes a little short sighted.

Dismania

Why not write to Ford and say exactly what you said here and let them decide what to do about it. I doubt they would approve of their customers being treated that way.

I'm another newbie, so this might have been already stated, but my dealer told me that once an incentive has been locked in, they don't take it away. So after I received my $750 private cash coupon, I scanned a copy of it and emailed it to him. Asked him to confirm that $XX,x.. was the new price of the car and he wrote back congratulating me saying it was! So, with X plan pricing, I now have $1750 additional incentive cash off. He also told me that if another incentive is offered, they will add that one too. Only thing is ... I doubt they'd tell me about the incentive unless it's all over the airwaves, TV, radio, etc. They didn't offer up the information about how to receive the $750 one ... reading these forums did! So, thank you everyone!

Why not write to Ford and say exactly what you said here and let them decide what to do about it. I doubt they would approve of their customers being treated that way.

X2!!! Ford prides itself on customer service. Make sure you put that in writing and in the mail ASAP. Watch the response youll get.

I was fortunate to use the following:

X-plan pricing (via my employer's partnership)
$1000 rebate (Promo rebate cash everyone is getting)
$750 Exclusive Bonus Cash
$1500 Bonus Cash (since I was an existing Explorer Sport Trac owner)

The last 2 came with my Winter 2011 MyFord Magazine.....

OK, so I'm looking to lease an EX XLT. I was told by one dealer I could "lock in" the negotiated price with any discounts offered. Also said once we negotiate the price and payment that it would be exactly the same (even if the money factor and residual value change for the worse). Also said if it changed for the better I would get that.

This program is supposedly Incentive Protection Program, Program # 33360. Anyone ever heard of that? Maybe Seni has?

Next, I went to another dealer much closer to my home and the one I'd prefer because it is convenient but they said everything had to be done when care I order comes in. I mentioned that program to the sales rep and he acted like I had two heads. Their overall price (before incentives) was better by about $400.....which equates to a little more than $10 a month on a 36 month lease payment.

I believe I can get the following (please tell me if these can't be combined).
1. Returning RCL ($1,250 credit which I think is ongoing)
2. Brochure incentive ($750 - but expires 4/4/11)
3. College Grad incentive ($500 - not sure if I can combine with #2 above)

As for lease, I think it's currently this for 39/36 months (let me know if I'm wrong):
1. Rate of 2.75
2. Residual of 53%

At worst I get $2,000 and best is $2,500 but after 4/4/11 it may be worse that that so I'd like to lock in if I can.

So maw1026 wrote: "but my dealer told me that once an incentive has been locked in, they don't take it away. So after I received my $750 private cash coupon, I scanned a copy of it and emailed it to him. Asked him to confirm that $XX,x.. was the new price of the car and he wrote back congratulating me saying it was! So, with X plan pricing, I now have $1750 additional incentive cash off. He also told me that if another incentive is offered, they will add that one too. " Is it true that those things can be locked in and if so how do I make sure my dealer does this?

BTW, I don't know how to get an X-Plan so if anyone has one, can give me a price to work off of or can get me one I'd love it because it seems all of you seem pleased with X-Plan price.

BTW, I don't know how to get an X-Plan so if anyone has one, can give me a price to work off of or can get me one I'd love it because it seems all of you seem pleased with X-Plan price.
You have to work for an employer who is a partner with Ford on the X-Plan. Someone who has it cannot share as you have to bring in to the dealer proof of employment at that place in order for the dealer to actually give you the discount.

X-Plan Alternatives To A Good Deal?

Powerofx, X-Plan requires that your employer have a business relationship with Ford or that you're a member of an affinity group which has such a link. As someone pointed out in some recent thread, both Bank of America and American Express have auto buying services that, depending on the car, can come very close to what you'd get with X-plan--and no hassle to bargain for it.

I'm told you do not even need to be a B of A banking customer to take advantage (not sure if that's true of AMEX) but check it out here:

http://bankofamerica.zag.com/main.html

Also, when I ran some numbers for the Explorer I just ordered, the B of A deal from one of 4,000 member dealers including a couple (but not all) in my town came within a few dollars of the X-Plan price I have qualified for--and all the rebates and incentives were just as viable.

Hope this helps.

X2!!! Ford prides itself on customer service. Make sure you put that in writing and in the mail ASAP. Watch the response youll get.

I think you guys have hit on a great idea. I will indeed put it in writing and send it to them. Anyone have any information as to what address to send it to?

-Dismania

For everyone's info, I requested the ford explorer brochure by e-mail last week (a snail mail option was not given) and a return email came today. It had a link for rebates and low and behold the $750 rebate was printable with my info on it. It did say these were not transferable outside of household. I was frustrated that I never got the written brochure but apparently you don't have to have one. My dealer also said they keep a record of eligible rebates but they are not obligated to tell you about them. You have to ask.

I ordered a brochure by email just because I wanted to see what would happen.

It came with a $750 coupon attached. :thumbsup:

Sounds like I probably can't use it with the X-plan based on what's been said. But I did ask my dealer about the $750 X-Plan discount.

We'll see what happens.

Hmmm...trying to figure out why some get coupons some don't. I didn't get one 2 weks ago, I live on Long Island. Is this making sense to anyone, maybe only given randomly or certain areas?? Ordered one in wifes name, we will see.

Sounds like I probably can't use it with the X-plan based on what's been said. But I did ask my dealer about the $750 X-Plan discount.

We'll see what happens.

You can use the $750 xplan rebate or the $750 brochure rebate, not both.

I found if you state when you get the brouchure your buying in the sooner time frame the coupon comes.

I found if you state when you get the brouchure your buying in the sooner time frame the coupon comes.

I agree, that's how I got mine and by email not snail mail!

You can use the $750 xplan rebate or the $750 brochure rebate, not both.
That's the answer my friend, the dealer, gave me this morning, too.:D So at this point, I have the X-plan less $1,750. I'm liking that.

When I ordered mine via email I stated I was going to buy in the next 30 days or less, or something like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sounds right. I order one for me and one for my wife a day apart. Both I said we were buying in 0-30 days and both brochures I received had the coupon - expiration on 5/4 or 5/5 as I recall.

Back