Incentives & Rebates | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentives & Rebates

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Powerofx, X-Plan requires that your employer have a business relationship with Ford or that you're a member of an affinity group which has such a link. As someone pointed out in some recent thread, both Bank of America and American Express have auto buying services that, depending on the car, can come very close to what you'd get with X-plan--and no hassle to bargain for it.

I'm told you do not even need to be a B of A banking customer to take advantage (not sure if that's true of AMEX) but check it out here:

http://bankofamerica.zag.com/main.html

Also, when I ran some numbers for the Explorer I just ordered, the B of A deal from one of 4,000 member dealers including a couple (but not all) in my town came within a few dollars of the X-Plan price I have qualified for--and all the rebates and incentives were just as viable.

Hope this helps.

When you compared numbers were you including Doc fees? Xplan caps the documentation fee at $100. One of the dealers I went to had a pretty large doc fee.

Can anyone confirm what the true Ford policy is on the $1,000 Promotional Bonus Cash (PGM #11866)?

First, I don't believe this offer is tied to financing through Ford.

Second, my dealer told me they could not guarantee the incentive, and that whatever was being offered when my X comes in is what I'd get. On this site, and on Facebook, I've seen people say they were told they get the best incentive when they take delivery - either what was in affect when X was ordered, or new incentive when X arrives. Which is true?

If my X arrives around the end of March, as I think it may (or hope) and the current $1,000 expires on 4/4, the answer to #2 is important. If it's the best offer that has been available, it is in my interest to wait and pick-up the car after 4/4 to make sure if there is a new offer it's not better. If you only get what's in affect, then I have a choice to make if the X arrives in time for me to get before 4/4 - and I would have to decide if it's worth the gamble to get a better offer, with the risk they take all offers away.

Thoughts?

Here is another thing to consider (it is what i did). I looked at all the incentives out there, and even though I didn't qualify for all of them, i asked my dealer to come down to a little less than that amount. I know they are new, but the fact that we are ordering these things honestly gives us the advantage. I negotiated out well south of invoice for mine. Basically I told them that i really wanted this car, but could walk off the lot today with a Pilot for the same price... They hit my number.

... I negotiated out well south of invoice for mine. Basically I told them that i really wanted this car, but could walk off the lot today with a Pilot for the same price... They hit my number.

South of invoice? Or south of MSRP?

South of invoice. I am not sure what the rules are on here about disclosing prices and what not, but I feel that I basically made them hit bottom.

South of invoice. I am not sure what the rules are on here about disclosing prices and what not, but I feel that I basically made them hit bottom.

Well there is only about $1,500 below invoice they can go down to. What fees did they charge for prep and doc? No rules against stating what you are paying and what features you got.

I ordered the following:

XLT FWD
SPEC 202A
Moon Roof
Trailer Tow

MSRP: 37,010.00 (taking into account 720 discount for SPEC 202A)

Invoice: 34,425.00

I paid: 33,175.00

Basically I negotiated 250 below invoice, then got the 1000 customer cash on top of it.

There was a 100 dollar charge for their administrative stuff, that I tried to negotiate out, but they wouldn't budge on.

I get X plan, and could have used the discounts as well, so i had that in my back pocket if i couldn't negotiate a better price, but in the end, the dealer was motivated to sell me a car.

Can anyone confirm what the true Ford policy is on the $1,000 Promotional Bonus Cash (PGM #11866)?

First, I don't believe this offer is tied to financing through Ford.

Second, my dealer told me they could not guarantee the incentive, and that whatever was being offered when my X comes in is what I'd get. On this site, and on Facebook, I've seen people say they were told they get the best incentive when they take delivery - either what was in affect when X was ordered, or new incentive when X arrives. Which is true?

If my X arrives around the end of March, as I think it may (or hope) and the current $1,000 expires on 4/4, the answer to #2 is important. If it's the best offer that has been available, it is in my interest to wait and pick-up the car after 4/4 to make sure if there is a new offer it's not better. If you only get what's in affect, then I have a choice to make if the X arrives in time for me to get before 4/4 - and I would have to decide if it's worth the gamble to get a better offer, with the risk they take all offers away.

Thoughts?

Sean,

First, where did you find this PGM #11866? I would like to look into it further but need to know where you are finding this information.

Next, the incentives available to you are the ones that are in effect when you take delivery of the vehicle. However, your dealer does have a say in what public or private offers are compatible with the current deals offered at that dealership.

In my honest opinion, I would not take chances on losing incentives as they do not always offer incentives back to back.

Seni

Sean,

First, where did you find this PGM #11866? I would like to look into it further but need to know where you are finding this information.

Next, the incentives available to you are the ones that are in effect when you take delivery of the vehicle. However, your dealer does have a say in what public or private offers are compatible with the current deals offered at that dealership.

In my honest opinion, I would not take chances on losing incentives as they do not always offer incentives back to back.

Seni

This program is what comes up on the Ford site when you go to incentives for the Explorer in my zipcode (13501). Here is a link to the page - http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/incentives/?Referer=&PlanType=MSRP&Error=&YearValue=2011&ModelValue=Explorer&SupplierCode=&zip=13501

What you're saying about getting the inventive in effect at time of delivery seems to be at odds with what Craig (another Ford service rep I believe) posted over on the Explorer Facebook page. In a similar question from someone else, I believe he said you should get which ever is higher.

Given you just PM'd me an ETA of 3/28 for my X, which I'm assuming means at dealer (subject to change of course) I'm hoping to beat that 4/4 deadline anyways, and would not wait to see if something better comes along.

Seni,

I found info at the following link: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/i...1&ModelValue=Explorer&SupplierCode=&zip=01810. I have an Explorer on order and will be purchasing with x-plan partner pin. When I ordered, the dealer indicated that this was not compatible with x-plan, but I see nothing in the disclaimer that supports this - just curious.

Chris

Chris, if you read through the thread towards the beginning, I posted a link that thoroughly discussed what incentives can be combined. With Xplan, you are eligible for the $1,000 rebate AND the $750 mailer OR $1,000 rebate and $750 xplan rebate (it is in the system, you don't need anything for the $750 xplan rebate).

Unless you are military, college or eligible for the current explorer owner rebate, $1,750 is what you are eligible for as an Xplan member. This has been double verified AND I have personally seen the compatibility screen at my dealer that tells him what can and can't be combined. Also, I have a complete printout of every rebate program Ford has running right now from my dealer. If your dealer is telling you xplan can't get the rebate, there is no other answer but to say he is straight out lieing. There is no way he is misinformed as if they have ever dealt with Xplan in the past, they know very well that you are eligible for all public/advertised rebates.

Seni,

I found info at the following link: http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/i...1&ModelValue=Explorer&SupplierCode=&zip=01810. I have an Explorer on order and will be purchasing with x-plan partner pin. When I ordered, the dealer indicated that this was not compatible with x-plan, but I see nothing in the disclaimer that supports this - just curious.

Chris

Chris,

Please send me a PM with your dealer info and your full name so that I may look into this. Thank you.

Seni

With Xplan, you are eligible for the $1,000 rebate AND the $750 mailer OR $1,000 rebate and $750 xplan rebate (it is in the system, you don't need anything for the $750 xplan rebate).

Nice to know, thank you. I will be signing the contract tonight since our ordered EX arrived at the dealer. I didn't know there is a xplan rebate, I got the mailer, and it kinda say you can't use it with xplan. It is really nice to know there is a back up plan in case my dealer says I can't the mailer.

Nice to know, thank you. I will be signing the contract tonight since our ordered EX arrived at the dealer. I didn't know there is a xplan rebate, I got the mailer, and it kinda say you can't use it with xplan. It is really nice to know there is a back up plan in case my dealer says I can't the mailer.

I also got the Explorer brochure in the mail with $750 coupon. It is good with x-plan. It explicitly says it is not good with A/Z/D plans, but nothing about x, so x is good.

I also got the Explorer brochure in the mail with $750 coupon. It is good with x-plan. It explicitly says it is not good with A/Z/D plans, but nothing about x, so x is good.

Correct, beat me to it

:) stupid me over worrying about I wasn't able to use that

Requested a brochure by mail and got an email after a few days with the 750 private cash. Was not able to click on the link to the cash for fine print but when i called to confirm, the lady told me the certificate number should be good.

Though the vehicle is in the build process, do I need to tell the dealer that I have this coupon now or should I wait and tell them at the time of closing the transaction?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All rebates and discounts are good with a,z,d and x plans unless it states different in the fine print.I as a z plan buyer,I could not use the $750 discount.I was able to get the $500 early order and the $1000 Ford cash on top of my z plan discount.

Back