Incentives & Rebates | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Incentives & Rebates

Picked up my X last Friday and got the $1000, the $750 and then $1500 for owning a 2003 Explorer.
I knew I was getting the $1000, but the other two rebates were because my sales guy looked on his own. I had to provide a copy of my 2003 registration to get the $1500, but other than that, my guy took care of me big time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about leasing? If I had a past Explorer lease, do you think that would qualify for owner loyalty of $1,500? It was about 8 years ago, and after lease expired I picked up a used Focus from same Ford dealer (different dealer than where I'm getting my X).

If you request a brochure that comes with a coupon, your name is loaded in the system for 60 days. My X wont be in by the time mine expires so I requested another under my wifes name. Take about 5 days from the date of request to the time ypur name is loaded in the system for the rebate.

If someone gets xplan pricing, you automatically get a $750 xplan rebate (cant be combined with the mailer) so there is no reason to request the brochure in that case.

Thanks for all your help: I have an xplan pin from my friend. My ETA was 3/21. so im hoping the truck is here in the next day or so.

I have my xplan pricing - current $1000 rebate (expires 4/4) - new Columbus Auto Show $500 - but my brochure doesnt have the $750 coupon. Are you saying that since i have my name in the system for my xplan pin - i am ALREADY getting the $750 -- meaning it was included in my DORA? or i get that $750 on top of the others.

The $500 bonus cash for columbus auto show - says on top of all existing offers. expires 4/4/

So i get my xplan price = $45217
Ford Rebate = -$1000
Cols. Auto Show = -$500
Xplan Rebate= -$750
Subtotal: $42967

I hope thats right! hoping to get to $35,000 when i finance - with trade in and downpayment.

Ford financing options suck - anyone have advice there? i have great credit - and dont want to pay over 2% if i dont have too. GMC had 0% on the acadias - Audi was at 1.99% - should i ask any credit unions before i go? or have my dealerships finance dept do that for me?

thanks im not too knowledgeable when buying - 2nd car ive really financed myself and first time i didnt reserach at all :(

Thanks for all your help: I have an xplan pin from my friend. My ETA was 3/21. so im hoping the truck is here in the next day or so.

I have my xplan pricing - current $1000 rebate (expires 4/4) - new Columbus Auto Show $500 - but my brochure doesnt have the $750 coupon. Are you saying that since i have my name in the system for my xplan pin - i am ALREADY getting the $750 -- meaning it was included in my DORA? or i get that $750 on top of the others.

The $500 bonus cash for columbus auto show - says on top of all existing offers. expires 4/4/

Ford Rebate = -$1000
Cols. Auto Show = -$500
Xplan Rebate= -$750

I hope thats right! hoping to get to $35,000 when i finance - with trade in and downpayment.

Ford financing options suck - anyone have advice there? i have great credit - and dont want to pay over 2% if i dont have too. GMC had 0% on the acadias - Audi was at 1.99% - should i ask any credit unions before i go? or have my dealerships finance dept do that for me?

thanks im not too knowledgeable when buying - 2nd car ive really financed myself and first time i didnt reserach at all :(
Did you check with the dealer about being eligible for the x-plan discount? When I ordered mine, I told the dealer I was a x-plan participant. He asked me where I worked, but no other questions. On the Ford website governing the special plans, it says when going to pay for the car you need the PIN and proof of employment at the partner company. Since I just ordered my Ex last week, I obviously haven't gone through the process yet, but its something to be aware of, at least.

I also, am curious to see what kind of financing deals people are getting. My credit union offered me 3%, but I haven't done any more shopping around yet.

Is anyone in the Atlanta area? I wonder if the auto show this week will also provide another rebate for attendees...

Ford Rebate = -$1000
Cols. Auto Show = -$500
Xplan Rebate= -$750

AAA members are currently being offered 2.49% up to 60 months. My credit union is at 2.99%.

Did you check with the dealer about being eligible for the x-plan discount? When I ordered mine, I told the dealer I was a x-plan participant. He asked me where I worked, but no other questions. On the Ford website governing the special plans, it says when going to pay for the car you need the PIN and proof of employment at the partner company. Since I just ordered my Ex last week, I obviously haven't gone through the process yet, but its something to be aware of, at least.

I also, am curious to see what kind of financing deals people are getting. My credit union offered me 3%, but I haven't done any more shopping around yet.

Forgive me if this post shows up twice, did not look like first one worked. AAA is offering 2.49% for 60 months. My credit union is at 2.99% and I will play them against AAA.

Requested a brochure by mail and got an email after a few days with the 750 private cash. Was not able to click on the link to the cash for fine print but when i called to confirm, the lady told me the certificate number should be good.

Though the vehicle is in the build process, do I need to tell the dealer that I have this coupon now or should I wait and tell them at the time of closing the transaction?

Karipay,

Please confirm with your dealer that this offer is valid with whatever other incentives/offers you may be using. Some dealerships have their own promotions going on, it is always best to be prepared at close of transaction.

Seni

Check also B of A car loans. I got 2.75 for 60 months. They have it at 2.9% and .15 less if the loan is over 30K

RE: Incentive expiration concern

What you're saying about getting the inventive in effect at time of delivery seems to be at odds with what Craig (another Ford service rep I believe) posted over on the Explorer Facebook page. In a similar question from someone else, I believe he said you should get which ever is higher.

Given you just PM'd me an ETA of 3/28 for my X, which I'm assuming means at dealer (subject to change of course) I'm hoping to beat that 4/4 deadline anyways, and would not wait to see if something better comes along.

sm4astan and a few others,

Thank you for your patience as I researched this information. I did get to speak with Craig and he did clarify this for me. I was incorrect in stating that the incentives you receive are the ones available on purchase day.

Here is what I found: If you placed a retail order prior, we provide price protection. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment.

If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives.

I hope this information is helpful. :)

Seni

Thank you for your patience as I researched this information. I did get to speak with Craig and he did clarify this for me. I was incorrect in stating that the incentives you receive are the ones available on purchase day.

Here is what I found: If you placed a retail order prior, we provide price protection. That means you get the incentives available to you at the time you placed the order, even if the incentives expire before you take delivery. If you are leasing, we guarantee the monthly payment.

If incentives improve by the time your vehicle arrives, you get the new, improved incentive amount - that is, you do not need to take the old incentives.

Seni

Seni, is there anything the dealer needs to do to guarantee the rebates or is it completely automatic.

@Seni - As much as I would love to have your mobile # so that I can thank you for all the great support, can you direct us to something we could print out and bring to our dealers?

I have mentioned this to my dealer in the past and they told me that there was no way to lock in the rebate. I am bit upset with the dealer because they used the 4/4 expiration to force my parents into a fusion that they would have been happy to order and save some $$

Seni

Seni
Thanks you for the clarification. Is there a link to Ford website that you can reference that states this? I would like to have this for reference at closing in case the dealer doesn't give me the benefit.

Thanks!

Well not to beat a dead horse, but I was calling Ford Customer Service asking about the 2.6 sync issue with my X (and a few others I've seen noted here) and I asked the above question about Price Protection.

I spoke with someone in the Marketing department, who after consulting with another person provide the following somewhat conflicting answers -

1. Certain dealers can offer this price protection, but not all dealers area authorized or can do this.
2. If dealers offer this, they cash for the incentive is coming out of their pocket. After the incentive expires, Ford will no longer reimburse them.

Moral of the story - hope you take delivery prior to 4/4 or that an equal or better public incentive comes along after 4/4.

Well not to beat a dead horse, but I was calling Ford Customer Service asking about the 2.6 sync issue with my X (and a few others I've seen noted here) and I asked the above question about Price Protection.

I spoke with someone in the Marketing department, who after consulting with another person provide the following somewhat conflicting answers -

1. Certain dealers can offer this price protection, but not all dealers area authorized or can do this.
2. If dealers offer this, they cash for the incentive is coming out of their pocket. After the incentive expires, Ford will no longer reimburse them.

Moral of the story - hope you take delivery prior to 4/4 or that an equal or better public incentive comes along after 4/4.

What was their response about 2.6? Im sure it was a great answer (sarcasm).

blwnsmoke,

Good question. The dealer does need to file an exception request with private offers with Ford through C&I, explaining the situation. Public offers are automatic. Although I do suggest that you touch base with your salesman, so that this can be done sooner rather than later.

Seni

I'll be visiting my dealer tomorrow or Saturday. I appreciate your help. Now just to get one more clarification..

Public offer - automatic, nothing needs to be done (example: $1,000 cash rebate)

Private offer - must submit exception (example: xplan rebate $750, brochure mailer $750)

Is this correct?

I'll be visiting my dealer tomorrow or Saturday. I appreciate your help. Now just to get one more clarification..

Public offer - automatic, nothing needs to be done (example: $1,000 cash rebate)

Private offer - must submit exception (example: xplan rebate $750, brochure mailer $750)

Is this correct?

blwnsmoke,

:D Haha, *sounds bell* ding-ding-ding, that is correct! I'm glad you all are paying attention. I love this forum, thank you all for being so awesome!

Seni

blwnsmoke,

:D Haha, *sounds bell* ding-ding-ding, that is correct! I'm glad you all are paying attention. I love this forum, thank you all for being so awesome!

Seni

Awesone, cant wait to see what my dealer has to say about this.

From what I was told, the public offer does not automatically carry over with price protect. That was the gist up my last update. They can choose to do this, but it is on their dime - but then again, the Marketing folks I spoke to could be wrong too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this correct?

Wow - this is exactly the opposite of what my dealer just told me. He wouldn't even write either of the rebates ($1,000 public or $750 private cash) into my deal, as I was given an estimate of 10 weeks from today and the public expires 4/4 and my private cash has an expiration of 5/17. So - unless the public renews and I can get another private or x-plan, I could end up going from $1,750 to $0.

Back