Installing Body Lift in the Morning, any tips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Installing Body Lift in the Morning, any tips

Newfy Trac

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac
Any last minute tips ? I've got large channel lock pliers, vise grips, torch, air tools and if all else fails a really big hammer ! I have been spraying the bolts with PB Blaster and will hit them again tonight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you are ready. Just be patient and you'll be fine.

Small torch the kind that screws to a little tank like a large lighter. Hit the bolt from underneath until you see the rubber smoke slightly then hit with the impact

Worked on it for 11 hours today. Probably would've been faster with help, but I'm by myself on this one. Broke both core support bolts, work on that tomorrow, other than that most of it is done. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Good to hear it's going pretty smoothly, good thing about breaking bolts when doing a body lift is you don't have to worry about it since you're installing new longer bolts.

Yeah I broke one of them too had a hell if a time with the body bolts until my buddy showed me the torch trick they came out easily then. It will be worth it when your done. I skipped half the steps as they were not necessary.

Done... need to adjust the bumpers, but I'm beat. Took my hitch off. it was rusted and hung low.

CIMG3087_zpsc0309c31.jpg

CIMG3088_zps10111d44.jpg

Looking good did mine two weeks ago.

my hitch hanging low and my bull bar is why i am still on the fence about the body lift

Newfy: the Trac looks good lifted. Can't wait to see the tires and wheels mounted.

The hitch hanging low isnt too bad plus for me it was protecting my rear aux lights. And the bull bar is easily remedied by fabbing up a couple brackets. You could even get a machine shop to do it in a couple hours if you had to.

Here's a couple of mine with the hitch:
51e2b94c.jpg

74d486f9.jpg

Let me know if you are selling the hitch. I am in NC and need a hitch for a 2001 sport trac.

Newfy what wheels you using?

Black Rhino Sidewinder 17 X 9

CIMG3078.jpg

Tires are supposed to be in Friday, Fingers crossed, but I never have good luck when I'm waiting for something.

Those will look nice on a white truck cool. Alwayssideways my truck has a body lift and while I did have to alter the brackets slightly it can be installed using them. I had to flip them over put on the opposite sides they were made and grind some on them but after paint can't tell.

Back