Intake cover question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake cover question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, I have no idea, but I hope so! It looks great. If you find out either way, please let us know on here.

There are several different model/colors of those intake covers. I was hoping someone on here had tried it by now.

Here is mine with the cover on... its from a 2006-2008 Mustang GT

picture.php

How difficult was it to install and what mods did it require?

Actually was pretty easy, just had to reroute the one EGR hose on the right to route behind and down the backside of the intake rather than over top and just extended the mounting bolts using stiff thick rubber hose, either than that no mods at all

Gives it a nice clean look, rather than the plain intake runners... should have came factory like that! I'm also gonna get the fuel rail covers too and post when I'm done those!

Gives it a nice clean look, rather than the plain intake runners... should have came factory like that! I'm also gonna get the fuel rail covers too and post when I'm done those!

I'm looking forward to an update when you add those covers. I agree that a nice cover should have been offered to dress up the engine compartment.

with the cover it almost looks like this:

Attachments

• Saleen unit installed.jpg
    Saleen unit installed.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,027

with the cover it almost looks like this:

? I don't see the fuel rail covers, in yours thats what they look like from stock, just like mine...
The fuel rail covers are about 4-5" wide with the same pattern as the intake plenum cover...

d1195002253-4-6l-fuel-rail-covers-fuel-rail-covers.jpg

I have the covers on my Mustang.....never thought about putting them on my Sport Trac. I would not necessarily put the Mustang ones on the truck though.....A company called Midwest auto gear use to make plenum covers, but they went out of business. I will take a look around the web and see if I can find any of their covers at other distributors.

Old thread but I'm considering doing the same. Looks great!
Did you ever get the fuel rail covers installed? Pics?

Back