Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck

MustangP51

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Limited V8
Hello All,

I have 2 codes thrown on my 2009 4.6 3V

P2006 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 1)
P2007 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

I'm assuming the actuator has failed on the back of the intake plenum. I spoke with my local Ford Dealer and they want an obscene $268.00 for the actuator. Has anyone else had this problem on their 4.6 3V and/or know where to get this part online?

Motorcraft Part Number: 7L2Z-9J559-A

Any help is always appreciated.
-Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can try this first: "This is often a faulty intake manifold runner control ,Check the function of the Intake Manifold Runner Control on scan tool data or by using a voltmeter.The IMRC Parameter Identification should read about 5 volts at idle and when the engine is revved up to 3000 RPM, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will ground the Light Blue/Orange wire to energize the IMRC and the voltage on pin 4 on the Black/White should drop to 0 volts when it is opened.If the voltage does not work as described, check power on the Red/Yellow (RD/YE) wire powered from fuse F2-32, ground on pin 2 BK/W, short or open on pin 4 BK/WH to pin 43 of the PCM and repair the wiring as necessary. If the wiring is OK, replace the defective IMRC

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/4748x-ford-05-f150-5-4l-p2006-p2004-change.html#ixzz3gXZ9PxDd"

See this image for an idea of where it is located: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/C...earch=1&keyword=intake manifold runner#Search
and their pricing on the part seems pretty spot on with virtually no labor tacked on.

Was able to find the part for $160 shipped.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oe-ford/7l2z9j559a

Here is the culprit.

-9j559-a-16549-MLV20121829796_072014-F_zpsucbaos9v.jpg

Will provide an update when I do the work since I found zero help on this on the interwebs.:salute:

Yes, that's the part that I linked to. Wow, good price on it; goes to show you what the retail markup on the parts are. It looks like they are only making maybe about 5% on that sale.
You are the first individual to have posted here with an issue with the IMRC. Not a very common failure at all on our generation, and hopefully you checked the wiring before ordering the part.

I know I am resurrecting and old thread but I recently had a P2004 and P2005 on my 2010 4.7L. Mustang is right, White bear lake ford has the part for WAY less than anyone else.

I got the job done without too much hassle. Took about 4 hours total and that was including cleaning all of the junk in the manifold and replacing the thermostat. On a 2010 you actually don't even have to drain the radiatior but I want ahead and did mine since I have no idea when it was don't last.

Overall, its not too bad of a job at all and it completely resolved my issues.

Back