• Register Today It's free!

Intake manifold

j76bravo

Reaction score
City, State
South Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer Ltd
I just bought a 2005 Ex Limited V8 and I want to replace the intake manifold. Turns out the previous owner stripped some of the coil pack screws. Ford online gave me the part number 2L2Z9424AB. When I googled it, a Mustang manifold came up on the search. My question is, do I have to replace it with the ex oem intake manifold or can I use a Mustang upgraded intake manifold? Thanks...

That part number 2L2Z-9424-AB is for the Ex. Are you saying you want to use a Ford racing manifold? Not sure why you would want to pay extra for the manifold when OEM will do. Looks like you changed your original post. The 9424 originally referenced is the Part number classification for a Ford Intake.

Initially I was looking for 9424 which gave me the mustang manifold. Then I learned what the full part number was, which still left me with my question. I figured if I was going to replace it, why not get some extra horses from it. Only because I would like to mod the engine in the near future. But if there is no need to upgrade then I can live with that too.

That part number 2L2Z-9424-AB is for the Ex. Are you saying you want to use a Ford racing manifold? Not sure why you would want to pay extra for the manifold when OEM will do. Looks like you changed your original post. The 9424 originally referenced is the Part number classification for a Ford Intake.

Back