• Register Today It's free!

Interesting development

chrystal

Reaction score
City, State
essex uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face
After the seat problem, where the seat didnt move when switch used, then smoke appeared from the dash, a new thing has happened.

I wasnt here when the fault occurred, just the wife, then app sorted out by RAC.. the next day the battery was as flat as... jump start and appeared ok. then nert day flat again. jump started and then did a drain check...1.5!!I found where the smoke had come from - big bundle of wires by a pillar in drivers footwell and where the wire had been repaired. However looked as far up to the dash as poss and found the wire had melted against another. Gently released and wound in tape. Checked drain and had gone down to .5 (although hadnt left it for 30 mins) Also bought a new battery as tried to charge the old one over night and didnt get past 10v

However new problem is that the open door chimes have changed!.Now everytime a door (any door) opens the chime sounds. However if door is open and keys in ignition - silence. Also if the lights are on, keys out, and I open the door - again silence. All the exact opposite.

Also the air bag light on the dash doesnt come on at all now. Anyone got any ideas?

Ps everything else electrical seems to work, no fuses blown etc

its possible the gem module maybe damaged from the short out, does the horn work?

Yes the horn works

Back