• Register Today It's free!

Interior Creaking sound

Mark Adams

Reaction score
City, State
Liberty Township
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2018 explorer XLT. Whenever I accelerate, slow down, go over a bump, etc. I hear a creaking sound. It's coming for the area between the driver and passenger door. Sounds like plastic or something. Annoying. Any thoughts?

I have had the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. It comes from the base of the B pillar on the drivers side, and I've never been able to figure out what is causing it. Usually noticeable only at low speeds when the frame is under torsion stress in a turn or uneven pavement. See this thread about failed weld: B-Pillar rubber pop/groan noise

I have had the same issue with my 2017 Platinum. It comes from the base of the B pillar on the drivers side, and I've never been able to figure out what is causing it. Usually noticeable only at low speeds when the frame is under torsion stress in a turn or uneven pavement. See this thread about failed weld: B-Pillar rubber pop/groan noise
Thanks for the info. Any known fix? The dealer said “ we don’t hear it”…..

I had a creak at lower speeds that was driving me nuts, especially in the parking garage...finally tracked it down to the gap in these pieces and wedged a small piece of hard plastic between them, problem solved. It was a creaking, kind of popping sound.

1234.JPG

Back