Interior door handle - chrome coming off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior door handle - chrome coming off

DraftEdison

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer XLT 202A AWD
Hello everybody! I have a interior drivers side door handle pull and the chrome is coming off of it. It is literally bubbling up off of the part. It seems to only happen when the weather gets cold, very annoying and looks terrible and CHEAP! Anyone know if this is a warrantied item under paint etc? Anyone familiar with the part number or the cost to replace? Its only happening on one door. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everybody! I have a interior drivers side door handle pull and the chrome is coming off of it. It is literally bubbling up off of the part. It seems to only happen when the weather gets cold, very annoying and looks terrible and CHEAP! Anyone know if this is a warrantied item under paint etc? Anyone familiar with the part number or the cost to replace? Its only happening on one door. Thanks

I don't specifically have an answer on your interior door handle, but my 17 XLT was just at the dealer for the seat track recall & I pointed out that the exterior body color front door handles show signs of the primer under the paint beginning to show.

The body shop told me that it's not a warranted item. Blew me out of the water!!!

Would be covered under the 3yr/36k b2b warranty.

Would be covered under the 3yr/36k b2b warranty.
Still under that warranty. Was told not warrantable. Should I CK with a different dealer?

Still under that warranty. Was told not warrantable. Should I CK with a different dealer?
If they are denying coverage, perhaps they feel it falls under the part entitled Damage Caused by Use and / or the Environment in your Warranty Guide. However, it does not seem to fall under the examples listed.

Peter

Absolutely. Bumper to bumper is bumper to bumper (with exception to wear parts - brake pads, wiper blades etc).

I'd talk to the service manager first if you like the dealership before moving on.

Back