Interior / Exterior parts compatibility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior / Exterior parts compatibility

dvdswan

Reaction score
City, State
SEATTLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ST 4WD Premium
I guess this is more cosmetic type of question. I know the interiors of the 95-01 Explorers are very similar to my 02 ST. But are the doors interchangeable, consoles, seat frames? These items would be in the future.

What I'm looking for in particular ATM are the side view mirrors. Will they bolt on directly to my ST?

Consoles, yes. There are various cupholder inserts that fit multiple console years and styles. The consoles interchange between models.
Seat frames (tracks/mounts) all the way back to the '89-90 Bronco IIs are the same. The 4 holes in the bottom crossbars on the actual seat that the seat is bolted to the track through are spaced the same many other Ford buckets. You could bolt Aerostar seats on Explorer or Sport Trac tracks.
There was discussion years ago regarding doors. No one really knew, but I think the bare front doors are the same.
I don't know why the mirrors would be different.

Consoles, yes. There are various cupholder inserts that fit multiple console years and styles. The consoles interchange between models.
Seat frames (tracks/mounts) all the way back to the '89-90 Bronco IIs are the same. The 4 holes in the bottom crossbars on the actual seat that the seat is bolted to the track through are spaced the same many other Ford buckets. You could bolt Aerostar seats on Explorer or Sport Trac tracks.
There was discussion years ago regarding doors. No one really knew, but I think the bare front doors are the same.
I don't know why the mirrors would be different.
Mirrors are slightly different because the trim around the windows is. They do interchange though.

Back