• Register Today It's free!

Interior pull handle

pmcdonough

Reaction score
City, State
Newark DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
97XLT
Hey all, I have a '97 explorer, and cannot seem to find a replacement for my interior pull handles (the vinyl door handles). Every one has broken except for the drivers. The only replacement parts I can find are the actual door handle, and the previous generations pull handles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The handles are easy to find online but cost about 20 bucks apiece. I perfer to go to the scrap yard and get mine there for about 5 bucks apiece.

Hey all, I have a '97 explorer, and cannot seem to find a replacement for my interior pull handles (the vinyl door handles). Every one has broken except for the drivers. The only replacement parts I can find are the actual door handle, and the previous generations pull handles.

If you will snap a pic or two and either post here or pm me I'll see what I can find. There's a place here where you can remove parts from vehicles for really inexpensive prices. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll hopefully be heading that way this weekend and I'll look.

IMG-20110131-00004.jpg

I found the part on fordparts.com. The part# is 27618 for the rear door, and 24101 for the front.

This is exactly what I need as well, for all four doors. Except mine is a 1st Gen XL. I tried entering in the part numbers you listed but no joy. You ever have any luck?

Back