International Run?

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Has anyone thought about doing a run in Mexico? After all, they have Baja California & the Sierra Madre ranges (Occidental & Oriental). Has anyone ever done a run in Mexico and have any comments?

T002474D.JPG

[Edited by FlyAU on 08-26-2000 at 09:13 PM]

Yes, I have thought about it :D We are actually planning on going by car (=Explorer) the next time we go to Mexico, which could be X-mas or/and next summer.

Regarding the "run", I was thinking about something like a one week trip on back /dirt roads rather than than doing extreme off roading. Some 3 to 6 cars (one with a winch for the peace of mind) enjoying the countryside, maybe visiting some Aztec or Mayan ruins, (if we get south enough, :D ) In the north, the sierras as you suggested or also Copper Canyon in the region of Chihuahua are possibilities.

The regions I for sure want to visite one day, preferable with my Explorer, are more in the south, the states of Veracruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas, maybe all the way to Campeche and Quintana Roo.

Let's see if we get some people interested and get something started here.

How about a trail run to the Sierra de San Pedro Martir?
We could pick up the guide in Ensenada (at his home), and bring him along. Because he's a Ranger in the park, he'll have access to all of the keys/gates, so we'll be able to make a run down Tasajera truck road. I think this would be great! I went with a small group (2 other vehicles) in July, and we had ourselves a great time. I am also interested in the Sierras in the midriff and southern end of Baja. But, a trip in Northern Baja would be less expensive, and there's also the opportunity for it to be a snow run. If you think this sounds like fun, just check out the action
on <<http://community.webtv.net/TheBaja/KensBaja>>
This will provide pictures of the trails that I'll rate a 1.5 to 3.5

Back