4 door Broncos??

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
There were two SUV's that cought my eye while I was in Mexico. One looked like a streched 4 door Bronco from the early '90s, about the size of an swb F 150. It actually looked a lot better than today's Expedition or Excursion (my personal opinion).
The other was a two door Dodge Durango, which really looked cool (supposed you like Durangos). I unluckily never had my camera ready when one of them passed by. Is there anyone out there that has more information regarding these cars?

[Edited by donkey boy on 08-08-2000 at 06:26 PM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I was in Mexico a few weeks back I also saw the 2 door Durango. It is not actually called a Durango and I can't remember the actual name. Did you also see a Chevy car/truck. It is like the newer version of the El Camino.

Dead Link Removed
I did little looking around for the dodge. Check it out. It's kind of neat looking. You know, for a Dodge.

That's the Ramcharger, based on the Ram platform (not Dakota, like the Durango). They never discontinued them in Mexico like they did here in the US. In fact, they were just redesigned this year (The '99s looked just like the '85s, lol). I have seen 4 door Broncos before--very rare, I think they were only sold at commercial truck dealerships, so they didn't catch on. Funny how that works...

The 4 door Bronco's are made by a company I believe is called Centurion Converions. You may have seen other things with the label of Centurion before. They are a Ford F-350 Crew Cab chopped at the bed and the back end of a Ford Bronco. As it was mentioned, these are very rare vehicles, I actually saw one for sale on e-bay and have only seen about 4 in person. They are a pretty cool truck if you get to see one, not to mention they surprice the heck out of you when you first see it.

Seth, thanks for the link. I never got the idea to look for the Mexican website of Dodge :eek:

There are two kinds of 4 door Broncos in Mexico. One is like Tim discribes it: A Crew Cab with Bronco end.

But the other one is shorter, with the rear wheel arch cut into the door, like the 4 door Explorer or Expedition. They also exist as 2 door versions, looks at first site like an F 150 with hard top, but it actually has a full metal body with barn doors, like front end Bronco, rear end Van. The 2 and the 4 door came in at least two trim levels, one work truck, one nicely equipped with two or three rows of cloth seats, air conditioning etc. I don't think they made them with 4x4 though, as most trucks and SUV's just come with rear wheel drive in Mexico. They are such a common sight that I suppose they were produced by Ford Mexicana.

Brian1. Do you refer to the Chevy 4 door Pick Up? They actually are ISUZU's and are already some years old. In Germany, they sell as Opel Campo with a 3.1 liter turbo diesel engine and a top speed of close to 100 mph. That's what's called "batch-engineering" :D

There are quite a lot of nice cars and SUVs in Mexico you can't get in the U.S. Let's see if this changes in the next years with NAFTA becoming stronger.

Hey if you think mexico's SUVs and trucks are neat check out some Australian vehicals. Their 4x4s are really neat. I don't have time right now to look up the websites but check out Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Isuzu.

Mexiac cars

Back in the day when I used to travel to Mexico City quite a bit, I used to see all kinds of cars and trucks that you would never see here. Brand new volkswagens (the old ones), 4 door broncos, 4 door pick up trucks of all sizes, and lots of chrome wheels and exhausts. Of course the emissions on lots of cars there were non-existent.

I think I know which one you mean. Has it the front of a Chevrolet Chevy (Opel Corsa, for all Europeans) attached to a pick up bed and is actually pretty small?

I just saw a 4 door Bronco here in Oregon last week. It was badged as a Bronco Metropolitan.

HAs anyone seen that thing in the 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers ad in Petersen's and such? It is right by the Superlift suspension lift section, it looks like a F350 Long Bed with a top on it and 4 doors. HAs anyone else but me seen this thing? I wish I had a scanner to scan the pic and show you guys. Look through a peterson's and you'll see it. It is yellow, blue and white, custom paint. Its awesome.

I think that it is the Ford Excursion. Man one of those with an 8" lift and a powerstroke diesel engine would be sweet.... but it is to nice to get dirty :). That 4 door bronco on e-bay is nice. I have seen one come around my neighborhood a few times.

Rock, I have seen it, unluckily the picture is pretty small. But it definitely is not an Excursion, as suggested by Brian1.

The picture in the Peterson ad appears to be a 4 door Bronco, using the 1988-1991 body style Crew Cab. I saw a 4 door Bronco the other day at the mall, I would mind having one!

Wow, talk about pullin up an old thread... I just had to comment. When I was in Mexico last Spring (2002) I actually sat in one of the RamChargers. Talk about freaking cool. I would love to get one and bring it stateside, just so I could be one of the rare few to have it lol. (Not bc I like Dodge, just bc its cool)
--bryan

Originally posted by NoBoundaries
The 4 door Bronco's are made by a company I believe is called Centurion Converions. You may have seen other things with the label of Centurion before. They are a Ford F-350 Crew Cab chopped at the bed and the back end of a Ford Bronco. As it was mentioned, these are very rare vehicles, I actually saw one for sale on e-bay and have only seen about 4 in person. They are a pretty cool truck if you get to see one, not to mention they surprice the heck out of you when you first see it.

You are correct sir. Centurion made several conversion vehicles. I have seen a couple of those Bronc's in person and I saw one on ebay some time ago.
Centurion also makes sveral other conversions, including a 6 door F350 and things like that.
I also looked at a 96 Chevy half ton crew cab near me last fall.

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a ****urion Bronco for sale at a used car dealership near me (Milford NH) Its white, and 4x4 with a 351. Its definitely pretty sweet, but kinda too long and too close to the ground. There is also a Lifted one going around town in Fitchburg (like anyone knows where that is!). The lifted one rocks, i want it soooo bad!

Back