iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPod Track/Album not showing Explorer MFT

jackrpr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
I've posted on a couple of forums for this issue and scoured the Internet and still have not found any solution.

Up until about 2 months ago my iPod worked fine with MFT. Anytime I played my ipod in my 2011 Explorer it would show the song, artist and the cover art. Then all of the sudden it stopped working and shows unknown file, unknown folder in the main MFT screen. The cover art still shows. It does show the track and artist on the small dash screen up by the steering wheel.

I am running the new Sync update. I also tried rebooting my ipod but that had no effect.

I may just have to take it to the dealer but I don't know how confident I am that they will be able to solve it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

same here

I have the exact same symptoms
Started with the new upgrade - I have had the system reboot a couple of times but it has never corrected this issue

I have the iPod Nano Gen 4. In an attempt to rule out my iPod as the problem, I tried plugging my wifes iPod in, which is an Gen 3 Nano. Had the same problem with hers.

Same thing happened to me the week after I purchased my 2012, but I was able to figure it out by clicking on the options tab. Can't remember off the top of my head what it was I selected, but start there and see what happens. Mind you this was before the MFT update.

My friend is having the same problem with his iPod Nano. All he sees in the entertainment screen while playing from his iPod is Unknown (Artist or Song) and Unknown Album (or something like that, I can't quite remember), and just a blank area where the album art is supposed to be. The strange thing is, when he touches where the album art is supposed to be, it brings up the song info screen like expected, and guess what shows up? All of the song data including artist, album, and album art. Go figure? It didn't start doing this until he had the performance upgrade done. I believe he has about 170 songs on it.

For comparison, the 32GB usb flash drive we have installed in our car with about 3000 songs works like a charm.

I've posted on a couple of forums for this issue and scoured the Internet and still have not found any solution.

Up until about 2 months ago my iPod worked fine with MFT. Anytime I played my ipod in my 2011 Explorer it would show the song, artist and the cover art. Then all of the sudden it stopped working and shows unknown file, unknown folder in the main MFT screen. The cover art still shows. It does show the track and artist on the small dash screen up by the steering wheel.

I am running the new Sync update. I also tried rebooting my ipod but that had no effect.

I may just have to take it to the dealer but I don't know how confident I am that they will be able to solve it.

bump:D

I've had this issue in the past and found that I had to disable disk usage on my iPod Touch Gen3. Mine started when I installed the so called 'Performance upgrade?' too. Not sure if this will help you but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

My six year old keeps asking me to play 'Unknown Folder' 'Unknown File'...:D

Album Art

I had my 2012 Explorer Limited about a month and all of a sudden, no album art. And I have tried everything. Rebooted several times, bot iPod and system. Has never returned. Took it to the dealer twice (once for recalled item) and they don't know how to fix it. And strangely now if I am listening to iPod and shut off engine, when I return to car and start up, it defaults to am radio or fm radio. Almost never to what I was listening to when I turned it off.
What is frustrating, is seeing all these posts with the same issues, and Ford saying there is not a problem!! And they haven't heard of these issues before. Why spend 47k on this product? My Infiniti Q worked like a charm every day. So I thought I would return to US vehicles to support our economy! Yikes

I too have all of a sudden noticed that my Album Artwork is now missing. I swear, it's one thing after another with MFT.

Do I just need to accept that the fact that this will never work? :(

Bump

Do I just need to accept that the fact that this will never work? :(

Question for you. I know it's probably a dumb question, but all growing up I've always heard the saying "it can't hurt to ask". Your 1.0.4 version - is that the up-to-date version for your ipod?

I know the systems are different, but I have an ipod nano touch (5th or 6th generation - 2" x 2" ipod ) that plugged into my car after updating sync. Everything began shuffling - all the time (my old ipod nano never did this). I turn shuffling "off" in sync and I turn shuffling "off" on my ipod. System still shuffled everything. I though it was sync. However, I plugged my ipod into my computer and updated my software with the latest version even though, my ipod being brand new, had the latest software version.....or so I had assumed.

I was wrong. After the ipod software update, I plugged it back into the car - no more shuffling.

Tis why I ask, is your ipod software up to date? It might not actually be ford, it might be apple.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Add one more to the list. Always shows "unknown" in the main display but the secondary display to the right of the speedo is correct. Tried with 2 iPod Nanos and an iPod touch and they all behave the same.

Back