Is home screen of MFT configurable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is home screen of MFT configurable?

SLE

Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
When I first got my 2013 Ex I'm almost certain that the Entertainment quadrant of the home screen displayed the artist and song name when I was tuned to Sirius. Suddenly, the screen has changed and it just displays the Sirius logo and the 6 presets, but no artist or song name. Is there a way to change it back to what it was originally? Thanks for any input....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would have to look at mine to be positive, but I don't think it shows the song title/artist when you are on the main 'home' screen, but if you hit the Entertainment button at the bottom it will bring up the screen that has title/artist, it will also display on your dash if you keep hitting the left arrow on the steering wheel when you are on the Entertainment menu.

When I first got my 2013 Ex I'm almost certain that the Entertainment quadrant of the home screen displayed the artist and song name when I was tuned to Sirius. Suddenly, the screen has changed and it just displays the Sirius logo and the 6 presets, but no artist or song name. Is there a way to change it back to what it was originally? Thanks for any input....
bluex232 is correct. The song title does not show in the Home screen. It does show in the Phone, Navigation, Climate and Entertainment screens. She is also correct in that it will show in the small right hand screen if you have it set on Entertainment which shows as a small musical note icon.

Peter

Hey, SLE!

I see bluex232 and PeterK9 answered your question, but I just want to let you know you can still see the artist and song title in the right-hand cluster under Entertainment. :)

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

I must have been mistaken that the home screen ever displayed the artist/song name. I do realize that you can display that info in other ways. Thanks everyone for your responses.

I must have been mistaken that the home screen ever displayed the artist/song name. I do realize that you can display that info in other ways. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Maybe you saw it in pictures, or read about it around here. Either way, it's all good! I'm just glad we could help. :)

Rebecca

Maybe you saw it in pictures, or read about it around here. Either way, it's all good! I'm just glad we could help. :)

Rebecca
The next question is how do you know where your at if playing a podcast. The old version gave you a bar that you could scroll forward or backward. Now, I can only listen to the show and cannot slide it back or forward to either re-hear or advance the podcast :mad:

The next question is how do you know where your at if playing a podcast. The old version gave you a bar that you could scroll forward or backward. Now, I can only listen to the show and cannot slide it back or forward to either re-hear or advance the podcast :mad:

There's a counter under the podcast title that tells you how much time has elapsed. :)

Rebecca

There's a counter under the podcast title that tells you how much time has elapsed. :)

Rebecca
Rebecca: Thanks, but that's not good enough for me. How many minutes is the podcast? ....... Don't know ........ It only tells me where the podcast is at the moment I look. How do you back the program up or forward it as in the past? ....... You can't ........ The forward and back buttons on the screen only roll back to the podcast before, or if you move forward, advance to the next podcast. Once you realize that this option does nothing and you go back to the original podcast you were listening to, it starts the show from the very beginning again! This needs to be addressed ASAP as this is a none functioning option when trying to use this in the Ex ........ I'm very disappointed! :(:thumbdwn:

Rebecca: Thanks, but that's not good enough for me. How many minutes is the podcast? ....... Don't know ........ It only tells me where the podcast is at the moment I look. How do you back the program up or forward it as in the past? ....... You can't ........ The forward and back buttons on the screen only roll back to the podcast before, or if you move forward, advance to the next podcast. Once you realize that this option does nothing and you go back to the original podcast you were listening to, it starts the show from the very beginning again! This needs to be addressed ASAP as this is a none functioning option when trying to use this in the Ex ........ I'm very disappointed! :(:thumbdwn:

If you happen to notice where you're at on the counter before exiting your vehicle, when you get back in, use the SEEK buttons on the steering wheel or MFT screen to advance to that spot. A quick press of SEEK will advance to the next track, but if you press and hold it, it'll scan through what's playing.

Rebecca

If you happen to notice where you're at on the counter before exiting your vehicle, when you get back in, use the SEEK buttons on the steering wheel or MFT screen to advance to that spot. A quick press of SEEK will advance to the next track, but if you press and hold it, it'll scan through what's playing.

Rebecca
Ok ......... How about playing bluetooth songs from the Iphone ........ Same deal ..... You can't see a directory of songs, it just fowards one song at a time through your directory and AGAIN, you can't move the sound tracks forward or backward. Even when there are blatant problems with this, no one is saying that a fix is in the works ............ this experience with this problem BITES! :mad:

Interesting that I have not received a reply to my last question ..............

Interesting that I have not received a reply to my last question ..............

Keep in mind that you asked the question late Friday afternoon. Perhaps the reps do not work weekends and likely have many other things to look into.
Also, although it is not an excuse, I doubt that many owners are even concerned about this particular issue.

Peter

Keep in mind that you asked the question late Friday afternoon. Perhaps the reps do not work weekends and likely have many other things to look into.
Also, although it is not an excuse, I doubt that many owners are even concerned about this particular issue.

Peter
Really? .... Still no answer to this question ....... and what particular issue do you speak of? The old version let you track where you were on the podcast .... No longer the case and impossible to replay a section. Cannot even see the playlist of songs any longer so you listen to whatever the next song is on my IPod. And I'm concerned with this issue as well as my past Terrain Management Fault Light complaint ........ Which Corey informed me he would get back to me about ........ 5 months ago, and didn't. I wouldn't run interference for them as they have issues that haven't been adequatley explained to me in either case. :mad:

Really? .... Still no answer to this question ....... and what particular issue do you speak of? The old version let you track where you were on the podcast .... No longer the case and impossible to replay a section. Cannot even see the playlist of songs any longer so you listen to whatever the next song is on my IPod. And I'm concerned with this issue as well as my past Terrain Management Fault Light complaint ........ Which Corey informed me he would get back to me about ........ 5 months ago, and didn't. I wouldn't run interference for them as they have issues that haven't been adequatley explained to me in either case. :mad:
Did you send Rebecca a PM? If not, I think that would be the thing to do rather than relying upon the Reps to read every single post to address a problem.
Good luck. Perhaps your issue will be addressed in the next update later this year.

Peter

I don't understand how you are having issues. It is possible to replay a section or fast forward through a Podcast. I have many music Podcasts on my iPhone and I always forward through the songs I don't like without any issues. Like Rebecca said earlier, you just hold down the seek button. It works fine for me. I just did that about 10 minutes ago on my way home from work. You can view the songs on your iPod playlists. Have you tried touching the browse button on the MFT screen? There are also voice commands as well. If there is a song you don't want to listen too on your playlist, you can just skip it and move to the next song. You can also hit browse and select a different song from your playlist.

Ok ......... How about playing bluetooth songs from the Iphone ........ Same deal ..... You can't see a directory of songs, it just fowards one song at a time through your directory and AGAIN, you can't move the sound tracks forward or backward. Even when there are blatant problems with this, no one is saying that a fix is in the works ............ this experience with this problem BITES! :mad:

I'm sorry for the delay; as Peter stated, I don't work on the weekends, but you can always send me a private message with any concerns or questions you have.

Here's the Bluetooth Audio section of the MyFord Touch Supplement on page 35:

BLUETOOTH AUDIO
Your system allows you to stream audio over the vehicle speakers from
your connected, Bluetooth enabled cellular phone.
To access, press the lower left corner on the touchscreen. Then, select
the BT tab.

Voice Commands for Bluetooth Audio
While listening to Bluetooth stereo, press on the steering wheel
controls. When prompted, you may say any of the following commands:

Note: The following voice commands are only available if you have
turned on the Index Bluetooth Audio Device setting and if your device
supports indexing.

• Play genre <name> •Play playlist <name>
• Play artist <name> • Play author <name>
• Play album <name> • Play composer <name>
• Play podcast <name> •Play folder <name>
• Play composer <name> • Play podcast episode <name>
• Play audiobook <name> • Play
• Pause • Next
• Previous • Repeat one
• Repeat all • Repeat off
• Shuffle •Shuffle off
• Play similar music • What’s this?
• Browse* • Play song <name>

Note: If your phone does not support Bluetooth media streaming, then
the following commands are the only commands that are valid:

• Play • Pause
• Previous • Next

* If you have said you would like to Browse your Bluetooth audio, the
system will prompt you to specify what you would like to browse. When
prompted, you may say any of the following commands:

• Genre <name> • All genres
• All playlists • Playlist <name>
• Artist <name> • All artists
• Album <name> • All albums
• Author <name> • All authors
• Composer <name> • All composers
• Audiobook <name> • All audiobooks
• Podcast <name> • All podcasts
• Folder <name> • All folders
• All songs

If you would like to see the song info from your iPhone, you can plug it in via USB.

As far as scanning through a song or podcast, please press and hold the SEEK buttons. The counter is on the screen so you can track where you are. Not all phones allow the transfer of metadata via Bluetooth, but that's where connecting your phone by USB comes in handy. You'll then be able to browse, use more voice commands, and see the song info.

I spoke to Cory; he said back in March you told him the issue looked like it was resolved. If this isn't the case, please follow-up with him.

@boltsfan17 and Peter - Thanks for jumping on to help rmp301!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Rebecca: Today I set the instrument display to songs while playing a podcast and I found that the status bar is there. So it is no longer on the main screen but I still have it in the instrument display. This bar gives you the total playnig time as well as where you presently are on the podcast. ie: " 01:21 _+_____________________________________ 55:00" This is what I've been searching for since the update! :D

Rebecca: Today I set the instrument display to songs while playing a podcast and I found that the status bar is there. So it is no longer on the main screen but I still have it in the instrument display. This bar gives you the total playnig time as well as where you presently are on the podcast. ie: " 01:21 _+_____________________________________ 55:00" This is what I've been searching for since the update! :D

:biggthump Good stuff, rmp301!

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back