Is there a market for explorer control arms? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a market for explorer control arms?

slammedxonair

Reaction score
City, State
vermilion ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt 2wd
Hello everybody i was just curious if there is any type of market for adjustable upper control arms for the explorer, i know some of the lowered edge guys on other forums want them and they are the same as the explorer i believe.

but anyways here are some pics of the arms i built as a prototype to test on my ranger xlt thats bagged. the lowers just need the bag plates on them and shock mounts. everything is tacked together and will be fully tig welded. the uppers also have balljoint angle correction built into them, and im also working on making a set of uniball uppers for extra travel for big wheels, probably anything over a 20" wheel with low pro tire. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. let me know if you think, thanks.

normal_100_1547%5B1%5D.jpg

normal_100_1561.jpg

normal_100_1560.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that would make a good market. every other company i've checked i havnt seen them. are those gonna be like the s-10/blazer control arms made by suicidedoors.com that are made to lay out on 22's?

not sure if they will lay out on 22s they should, and i have a test truck lined up that has 22s on it. but im really not trying to compete with anybody else like s/d because right now basically i have my own market other than the djm arms. and there uppers are not adjustable

AIM makes them, took them 3-4 tries to get mine right and use the factory style aftermarket arm ball joint replacement, they cost about 400$ with joints. The design is almost the same as yours, maybe they used slightly thicker tubing and they should have TIG welded them, they had urethane bushings with grease fitting and were made from off the shelf ES bushings cut to length. They finally decided that the left and right arms have different caster built into them like yours do. Yours look good though.

yea AIM is pretty much garbage and thats is not my single opinion, look on any other mini truck forum and you will have the same answers, and if the part you get is not then the customer service is.

I would just be happy with something to help fix the camber on my 98 mounty. :) lol I have the camber adjusters installed, but still need some more adjustment. Probably time to start cutting and welding when I get back workin' in the shop.

Back