Is there a way to manually close the moonroof (tilt) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a way to manually close the moonroof (tilt)

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one on much the same issue. Check out post #21.
Got a bit of a chuckle when you mentioned "poodles in my passenger side". I'm sure you meant puddles. Water pooling in the footwells is usually a sign of a plugged moonroof drain tube.
I would think that in this case that the motor for the glass partition is no longer working. I'm not sure what you mean by "monitor card". It's the first time I've read that phrase. There are 2 motors, one for the glass and another for the shade. The reason the shade won't completely close is that the moonroof is open in the tilt position.
Please report back after you checked the fuse. Thanks.
Thank you! Lol I'm typing and frustrated at the same time that I didn't even pock that up lol. When you pull the black piece of from where the motor is there is a green computer card inside.
20220425_182709.jpg

Hello, guys:)
Been quite a while since I've been here.
Sick morther.

I must have left the sunroof open on tilt position last time I drove it.
I's not closing, none of the sunroof related buttons seem working, except rear moonroof.
It's gonna take days, even weeks, before I can bring the car to a mechanic or dealer.
And the forecast says it's gonna rain.
Can I forcefully close the tilted sunroof window down without damaging related parts?

Ciao
Your thread was merged with this existing one found with the 'Search' feature. Good luck.

Peter

did that.. i think the problem is i got an aftermarket and there is not any one touch or tilt on that unit.
it opens and closes by just holding the button, so i can live... saving money...
All Watch what motor you buy. I bought a amazon motor. They dont seem to program at all. They will work but you have to hold down the buttom constantly to open and close.
I swapped my original Slider motor to the sunroof side and the amazon motor to the slider slide. All programmed and working as it should .
But then that ford motor must have gotton wet and went out about 3 mths later. I just Bought a Ford motor. Blew my drains out really good. All is working and programmed as it should . Sometimes the programming it touchy. But like mentioned in the how to. If its a true Geniune ford motor it will program.

Back