Is there an easy way to aim headlights?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there an easy way to aim headlights??

I read the procedure to aim headlights in the book, but I do not have access to a flat surface, with a flat wall I can just stick tape on. Is there a easier way to aim them? Like my other cars have bubble levels on them for adjustments. Should I just have the dealer do it, & charge me a few $$.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all you need is a garage door.....the lights have adjustment levers that need to be turned. you access these by opening the hood. they just stick up and are a 6, 6.5, or 7 size socket.

Maybe his driveway isn't flat...

I don't have a driveway that's the problem. I park on the street. No one I know has a flat driveway either. I'll just get the dealer to aim them.

Look seriously man
Just go into your town, find an old building, something that might have just been closed,
and aim them there. I find it very hard to beileve that you can't find a even surface around.
Don't pay ford they take enough of your money already.

I use a school parking lot where the lot is flat and it goes right up to a wall on the bldg.
Cops stopped once to ask what I was doing and after I told them they said they wish more people would do that.

I understand the mechanics of adjusting, however, when usinf a wall or door as a target, what do you look for. Are there not legal deminsions the light pattern fall?

Thanks....

Back