Ongoing Aiming Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ongoing Aiming Issues

I made the mistake of going to the stealership to have them aim my new diamond headlights. They seem really low. I can drive around with my highbeams on and no one will flash me. So i just came back from my trusted Mechanic. he told me they actully aimed them to spec. So does this mean the aftermarket ones aim differently? He went by the adjust #'s on the headlights. He also told me that the adjusters that came with the headlights are junk. He told me to put my oem ones on them and go from there. They do seem kinda blochy also. Anyone else have these problems? Do you think the light bulb shield on my headlights could be causing the blochy beams? No searches helped one bit. I do know how to adjust the high low setting on the lights.

372207_179_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd aim them up a bit. Takes about 2 seconds to do with a real small socket. Up and down and is the easiest of the adjustments.

Bump, Has anyone figured out how to remove the shields? I really do not wanna take the plastic off and then try to resilicone it. I have a strong feeling that if the shields are removed. My vision will be better.

i think i'd have to agree w/you..i think it has somthing to do with the plastic caps..

mine(without caps) w/silver stars gave a very nice even light.

i just played w/mine till i found the place i liked. had it parked like 25ft away from the garage wall and i just mess'd with it. then went out on the road and checked it..and playd with them there and found the sweet spot.

good luck

96limitedX said:
i think i'd have to agree w/you..i think it has somthing to do with the plastic caps..

mine(without caps) w/silver stars gave a very nice even light.

i just played w/mine till i found the place i liked. had it parked like 25ft away from the garage wall and i just mess'd with it. then went out on the road and checked it..and playd with them there and found the sweet spot.

good luck

I don't have the caps either and have tweaked my focus in much the same way as AK. I've spent a lot of time out on dark country roads too and tested them including walking down the road to see how to look at a distance to check on the glare.

Back