Is this a suspension problem?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this a suspension problem??

Porthos

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 98 Explorer Sport. Lately when I go over little bumps or speed bumps or what-not slowly i can hear a noise coming from the front end. It happens only when im going over small little bumps. IT is sort of a bump/groan kinda noise.

It is really getting annoying. I feel it in the steering wheel as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
David

I kind of had the same problem. Going over speed bumps it would make a sound. I replaced my shocks and there are little "bump stops" (don't know what they are called) located where your control arms connect to the frame. They might be the brushings??? Anyway, they were split and after I replaced those it stopped. If you want I mgith be able to post a picture becuase I can't explain where they are very well, but it would be next week.

Hope this helps!

i've got the same problem on my 98 sport and replaced the shocks last week all that did was give me a little stiffer ride. I seem to notice it more on road surfaces that aren't completly smooth,It annoys me and i'm looking to fix this, if you find the problem I'd love to hear what it is.

i know

i know exactly what it is... i thought it was my transmission at first but it is the spare tire underneath shifting... trust me after months of trying to figure out what the hell it was i fially did ... no biggie
scott:bounce:

Back